Monday, May 21, 2012

J. Crew - May (III)

Here are a few more photos from the latest JC expedition. The No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Porcelain Paisley has already received a lot of attention in blogland. I am trying on size 4, as none of the 3 stores I visited this past weekend had a size 2 left. It fits comfortably on, and the fabric is quite substantial. The top is the Whisper Gauze Limbo Top size XXS, or two sizes smaller than I normally wear in tops. It's extremely sheer, hence the 'gauze' name, so I am wearing a tank underneath. The waist has an elastic through it. This top is a pass for me, since I am certain I can find nicer alternatives.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Porcelain Paisley (similar here and same pattern dress here)

And here's the same skirt paired with the Ring-Around Eyelet Top size S. The pattern on the skirt doesn't line up on the side seams. I like the eyelet top and am considering it.

 

I love J. Crew hoodies a lot, and this one is another favourite. The Anchor Popover Hoodie I am trying on is size XS, and it is quite fitted. I would go for my regular size S if I got this.

Anchor Popover Hoodie (similar here, here, here)

And lastly, the Margate Satchel in 'cedar plank.' I love both colours this bag comes in.


Have you seen the latest arrivals in person? What did you think?

Hope everyone is having a great beginning of the week!


17 comments:

  1. It's the only paisley print I've ever seen and liked - nay loved!

    Size wise, would you have preferred your regular size ? Not sure if I'm 00 or 0.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of European china. LOL That's a tough one since I didn't have the regular size to try on. To be sure I would e-mail for measurements to Customer Service.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the reviews and pics Rose! The eyelet top looks very pretty on you, and would go with a lot of different things. Too bad about the print not matching up on the skirt...that would be a deal breaker for me, if I were considering it. However, I must be about the only one in the JCA community that doesn't really care for the Porcelain Paisley print. Perhaps it looks different IRL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, FFM, and thanks for dropping by. I know what you mean about the pattern lining up. I think it would be hard to do in all the different sizes. I think I am the second one who's not crazy about it. I can only get limited wear out of it, in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. I hate mismatched prints but on this one it would be impossible because of the scale. It is basically only one repetition and the back will always be a little bigger than the front causing the print to end at different height, if you think about it it is not possible. Print matching is only possible when the print is smaller scale and it does not have to be centered at the same time. It will also be different in every size since the width of the fabric will be different.

      Delete
    3. Agreed, ajc. This one would be impossible to match at the side seams.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rose Where OR WHICH store did you see the margate/? Thanks CAROLYN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downtown Vancouver had this Margate satchel.

      Delete
  4. Interesting that the anchor hoodie is quite fitted, the online copy says, "loose fit". Wish they would get it right.

    The paisley skirt looks lovely on you. I ordered this one as well, the colors remind me of Delft.

    Thanks for the details on the gingham tweed skirt fabric and for sharing the reviews Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxo, my usual size S would probably fit more loose.

      Thanks, but this skirt is not for me. :) Hope yo enjoy yours, and you are very welcome!

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Victoria Day! I am glad you all had a great time. :)

    I see a return to classics with this rollout, especially, all those anchors everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dina! It is always fun going to JC and MW with CC!

      Definitely a lot of the marine theme in this rollout.

      Delete
  6. Thanks SO much for these reviews!!! I love the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Porcelain Paisley on you! I can't wait to get that beauty in my hands. Alas, the UPS status has been stuck on "a shipping label has been created" for my package since Friday, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, rynetta, and thanks! I was told by CS that when it says that about the shipping label it just means the item hasn't reached its first destination point yet. Obviously with the weekend, UPS took a break as well.

      Delete
  7. I like the eyelet top and the margate seems like a Rose handbag ;). I'm itching to see the porcelain skirt in-person. So far it looks good on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me too well! LOL In all fairness, it is a beautiful bag, isn't it?

      Delete
  8. I love that skirt as well. J.Crew gets me with their pencil skirts all the time. I already have too many!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.