Sunday, May 20, 2012

J. Crew - May (II)

Yesterday CC and I made our way down South again. We managed to visit with my friend from my university days (where I also picked up the Golden Roses Dress I got from another JCA), as well as visited Bellevue Square and University Village. Sadly, the Golden Roses Dress is too small for me in size 4, so if anyone wants to buy it, please contact me by e-mail.

We checked out new and not so new arrivals at the JC and Madewell stores at both locations. At UVillage, the Terry Maxidress was nicely displayed and caught my eye almost immediately. Normally I wouldn't give this kind of dress a second look if it were on the shelf, but I am slowly learning to pay better attention. :) This is a lovely summer maxi dress.

Terry Maxidress (size S)(similar here, here, here)
Sardinia Wedge Espadrilles

The Sardinia Wedge Espadrilles in 'bright sun' are my usual size 8 but the toe box feels quite large, as you can see from the photos below:

 

The Plaid Boucle Tweed Jacket that I was wishlisting in the previous post has been taken off the wishlist. The colours turned out to be much brighter in reality, and I don't think I can get away with wearing this to the office, even though we are 'business casual' there. I am wearing size 4 and the jacket is ok in the shoulders but tight across my chest, so I would need size 6 if I wanted to zip up. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Neon Tweed, also size 4. Normally I have been wearing size 2 in J. Crew pencil skirts, but this one feels tight as well.

The fabric is identical in both pieces, with minor variations in the lining material. All in all, not too badly, with only 10% poly.

Jacket Label                                     Skirt Label


I have lots more photos I will try to get to in the upcoming week(s). Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. Oooo yay! So glad you reviewed the jacket. I felt like it probably would be pretty bright. It is still at the top of my wishlist. Argh :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can wear it, it's a pretty one! I need more office-appropriate attire, though.

      Delete
  2. Ooh that is way too bright for me too, fun but there's no longevity to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is a fun piece but the season for it would be very short.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! It's as bright as my neon azalea capri and bright flame tee combo (which I only wore for my blog). Thanks for the review ... oh, a question about the lining, are they switched? They seem to typically line the jacket with more cotton and the skirt in poly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It is bright, isn't it? No, the labels are not switched. I have a photo of the size 2 skirt label and it is photographed right over the fabric content label.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for confirming on the lining. Hmmm, wonder what the rationale is for the different lining material. My Bellamy/Bellflower pieces are lined just the opposite and why I double checked. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose,

    Sorry if I missed this on your blog somewhere but I was just wondering how tall you are? I like the maxidress but am thinking it might be too long on me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi laura! Thanks for visiting! I am 5'6'". HTH

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love that jacket! It is definitely going on my wish list. Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works for you, Beach Chic Girl!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for pictures! Do you remember how the terry maxi dress was displayed in the store?
    Is it the same fabric as the summerlight items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was styled with a belt in the store. I am not sure what the summerlight items you are referring to, but I recall it was a terry fabric. HTH

      Delete
  7. Hi Rose
    Carolyn from vancouver here. Sorry to be asking you again...but I may get a chance to get to Seattle for the day this coming friday. Did you see any Margate satchels in the blue instore? I could potentially get to all three B&M's and the outlet. Is this worth the time? Besides the purse, and jewellery... I really only am looking for deals/sales . Did the Bellevue have more sale selection than U Village? Have you ever checked out the downtown BM. I am probably going there as I am going to West Elm ( love this store) and Nordstroms rack ( never been ). Hope your trips south have been sucessful(no duty at the border or line ups) Thanks for all your hard work on your blog...and I am hoping for a sale rack at our local store soon. CAROLYN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose
    Carolyn from vancouver here. Sorry to be asking you again...but I may get a chance to get to Seattle for the day this coming friday. Did you see any Margate satchels in the blue instore? I could potentially get to all three B&M's and the outlet. Is this worth the time? Besides the purse, and jewellery... I really only am looking for deals/sales . Did the Bellevue have more sale selection than U Village? Have you ever checked out the downtown BM. I am probably going there as I am going to West Elm ( love this store) and Nordstroms rack ( never been ). Hope your trips south have been sucessful(no duty at the border or line ups) Thanks for all your hard work on your blog...and I am hoping for a sale rack at our local store soon. CAROLYN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn! Thanks for visiting! The Bellevue Sq. store had a larger sales section, and always has. I am guessing all the students at UVillage are looking for a bargain also. To tell the truth, I don't recall seeing any Margate satchels in the stores, but I may be wrong. I believe most bags are returns from online purchases, so you should call each store ahead of time and ask them to put one on hold for you. I haven't been to the downtown store since last fall. HTH

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.