Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bananas For Dresses (II)

I hadn't stopped in Banana Republic for a while, and was surprised to see all kinds of new arrivals. Most of the small sizes were gone, but managed to find the Knit Lace Dress in a Petite S. I suspect a size S regular  would also be short on me. It's a pretty LBD, and even though the outer shell is poly, the lining is a cotton/modal mix (if I recall correctly), making this comfortable to wear against the skin. I would probably order a tall size for myself to ensure I get an adequate length.

Knit Lace Dress (similar here, here, here)

I REALLY loved the Ikat Strapless Dress. I tried on size 4, but couldn't zip it up, so I went one size up to a 6. The fabric is quite substantial (think almost upholstery fabric here), and the bodice is solidly constructed, so no accidents waiting to happen in this dress.

Ikat Strapless Dress (similar here, here)

The Abstract Floral Strapless Dress (also size 6) is similar to the Ikat Strapless Dress above, but it's made of a much softer fabric (a linen/rayon blend).

Abstract Floral Strapless Dress (similar here, here, here)

I also tried on a couple of double-layer linen dresses (similar to their double-layer tees), but I cannot see them on the website yet.

I am also liking at BR these days:

Ana cardigan (cotton/silk)


Have you check BR lately? What did you think?

Have a great middle of the week, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I've decided I officially don't like ikat. At least not for now. However, I totally love the print & that strapless dress on you. I love the texture on the 1st one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't very much in love with it either at the beginning, but it grew on me. I still prefer it in small patterns, such as the Sunlit Sequin Tank I got. Thank you, gigi!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.