Saturday, May 5, 2012

Banana Republic - May

The other day I also popped inside BR as well to check out some of the summer stock. The store was already quite picked over, but I did find a few things, among which the Aimee Ponte Sheath Dress size  4 and 'petunia purple.' The colour on the website looks  deceiving. It is actually purple, like the name says. I loved this dress, but the knit material has a lot of poly in it.

Aimee Ponte Sheath Dress (similar here, here, here)

The Heritage Safari Shirt Dress size 4 is a pretty shirt dress cotton/spandex 98/2. Loved the feel of the substantial yet soft fabric and the stitching on this dress.


Heritage Chevron Knit Dress size S and 'raw sienna' also comes in a white colour called 'cocoon.' I really liked the look of it on the hanger but it is way too short on me. I noticed BR has started to post the length of the dresses as well as the height of their models. I am 5'6" and this dress is shorter on me than on the 5'11" model.


I am also liking from the new arrivals:

Callie Straw Hobo (black)(also comes in 'cocoa')

Metallic stripe tank (4 colours)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I love all the dresses on you, even the short one. It'd be fine with flat sandals, and the color is unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Really like the shirtdress, though.

      Delete
  2. I always had a lot of respect fro BR for carrying natural fibers in almost all their items- cotton, silks, wools, and put up with many blah designs for the sake of quality components. Recently I noticed they {alas} are cutting corners, on par with our favorite retailer, ha ha, so sadly I stopped shopping at BR altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have noticed the poly content increase over the last year or so at BR as well.

      Delete
  3. It seems that everyone is using fabric blends or chaeper cottons- even Nordstrom and some fo the designer things from Saks.
    I have always loved the bag at BR- great quality but better price points than Coach or Kate Spade or even JCrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's an epidemic, although today I was able to score a skirt at BR made from 95% wool/ 5% spandex with their 30% off sale items deal.

      I agree about their bags. They are good quality and the prices are good as well. Currently, I really love their colorblock leather totes!

      Delete
  4. OT Rose . Hi Carolyn from Vancouver here. If your a big fan of Keds shoes (the Madewell site has a cute pair in a almost liberty flower print) for $40.00 US and I saw them at Winners for $24.99 Really cute shoes. They even have a cushion insole for a little extra comfort. I'm a big Winner's shopper because of the return policy. Thought I would mention the Keds since you had them on in your pics. .. when our J Crew gets a sale section I visit again but not until this or a instore promo. If you hear anything please blog. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I am not sure when I will hit a Winners soon, but will check it out.

      I was there again today (happened to be downtown 2 blocks from the store) and when I got home I got an invitation for a Mother's Day event in the store as well. I will definitely blog about the sale section if it ever surfaces. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.