Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Old Navy Denim Jackets

My very old denim jacket was victim of the big purge of 2009, and I haven't owned another one since. Recently I tried on J. Crew's Jean Jacket in Vintage Sea Blue Wash (IRL photo here), but at $168, I knew it wouldn't be happening. So I looked around and saw some at Old Navy. At $34.94, they seem a bit more interesting. I am wearing a size S in the photo below, and it fits a bit snug in the shoulders with the long-sleeve top underneath. I think it will be OK with a tank. Size M was large in the shoulders and long in the sleeves (second photo). Of course I wouldn't pair up the jacket with the denim skirt.

The top is the Striped 3/4-Sleeve Tee in size S (and M in the second photo) and 'blue stripe.' It also comes in 'white stripe' as well as 'green stripe.'


Striped 3/4-Sleeve Tee (size M) 
Denim Jacket (size M)(similar here, here, here, here)

But when I was in the store, I also noticed a white denim jacket as well as a pale blue one. The top is the 'white stripe' version of the one above, size M.

 White Denim Jacket (size S)(similar here, here, here, here)

They only had large sizes in the pale blue one on my first ON visit, so the other day I popped into the store close to my work and found it in size S. The pale blue version is extremely soft, much more so than the dark blue and the white one. It seems to be gone off the website, but you can probably find one in the store.

 Denim Jacket (similar here, here, here, here, here)

Here's the Striped 3/4-Sleeve Tee on its own. It's a bit sheer, but I can live with it. The colours in it are very pretty.
Striped 3/4-Sleeve Tee (size S)(similar here, here, here) 

Other pretty things I saw in ON:

Polka-Dot Boatneck Tee.  This one comes in 4 colour schemes and seems well made:
 
Polka-Dot Boatneck Tee


Denim Capris

So which one do I get now? I am inclined to go for the white one. It looks quite nice with the striped top. What do you think?

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

14 comments:

  1. Denim jackets were the staple of my teenage years, I was never without one. I'm all wistful now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to hit ON or the Gap then. :)

      Delete
  2. The white is definitely my favorite. It looks very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the white one and I thought that it was nice for the price. I like the light blue one too but it may be more difficult to wear in that color. I have the JCrew Nolita in the Great Lakes wash color and I highly recommend it: it goes with everything and it is super-soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light blue is sooooo soft though! But it might be harder to wear than white or regular denim.

      Delete
  4. ON denim jacket prices are very palatable. I love those striped tees, too. I got them on an in-store promo last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good scores then, since they are not pricey at all. There has to be a promo of some kind coming up soon, hopefully for easter.

      Delete
  5. I have been feeling somewhat guilty for owning THREE denim jackets in all the colors you show here - - dark denim, light denim, and white. Here in California summer nights are cool and a denim jacket is the perfect cover up. I've somehow managed to justify it. I'll always have options to go with different colors! Luckily I've scored them all at thrift stores. The blues are both Old Navy and the white is J. Crew. I have to say I think I like the Old Navy a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are well justified if you get a lot of wear out of them. And you can't beat thrift store prices.

      Delete
  6. Bunny LOL. I have about 5 denim jackets. 1 is vintage levis I could never part with it it actually belong to my husband when he was a teenager I also have a j crew 1 circa 2000. The other 3 I found in thrift stores living in england.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, (original) Genny! Great if you can find them in nice thrift stores!

      Delete
  7. Tough decision, the white looks really good but my favourite is the light blue one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the light blue one! I wasn't expecting to find anything when I stepped into an Old Navy store 20 miles away from where I live (I had to return clothing to a store, and that store was the closest) but while browsing the store, I spotted the pale blue one and fell in love with it. The smallest size available was a medium so I asked the SA to hold a small at another store and drove farther away from home just to grab this cute jacket! And at such a great price too! Didn't think much of ON before but I'm keeping my eye on it from now on [: I think I want the white jacket as well haha

    Regarding the comments above, I personally had a harder time fitting in a dark wash denim jacket to my wardrobe which is why I returned the one from Levi's that I bought earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.