Monday, April 16, 2012

J. Crew Red - April

Today I received a card from J. Crew announcing the opening of their first Vancouver store on Robson Street on April 25. Just as luck will have it, I will be travelling for work that week, so I will be missing the opportunity to attend this event. The store will be featuring both women's and men's collections, the card says.

Yesterday, though, CC and I made our way down to Bellevue. We stopped shortly to visit another friend and to pick up the Boatneck Popover that was waiting for me there.  Then we made our way to the JC store, where I immediately noticed the Origami Sheath Dress in size 4 and 'decadent red.'  I had tried the previous version of this dress here in size 2, but felt the fit too snug. What can I say? This dress is gorgeous and I would definitely love to own it. 


On my feet I am trying on the Marci Patent Wedges in my normal shoe size at JC (8) and 'bronzed clay.' The buckle falls right on my ankle, as you can see from the third photo, and feels uncomfortable. If I were you, I would definitely not wait until they hit final sale to try these and then discover they are uncomfortable for you too.

Marci Patent Wedges (similar here, here, here, here)

Lace-Stripe Shell size S in 'bright flame' fits TTS and also comes in 4 other colours. It's cuter than I expected from the website photo.

Right at the entrance I noticed the Ultra Eyelet Shell. This is size 2 and 'chili' colour. It also comes in white. The armholes are a bit longer than I expected, but otherwise I LOVE its colour and the eyelet detail. The jeans are the New High-Waisted Skinny Jeans in Night Owl Wash size 28. I take size 27 in the Flare Jeans and size 28 in the Skinny ones, it seems. You can see IRL photos of the Ankle Stretch Toothpick Jeans In Classic Rinse here. The Bette Suede Platform Wedges  fit TTS and will be reviewed in a future post.

Ultra Eyelet Shell (similar here, here, here)
New High-Waisted Skinny Jeans in Night Owl Wash
 (similar here, here, here)
Bette Suede Platform Wedges (similar here, here, here)

Anything catch your eye? Please share! New arrivals should be in stores this week. Hopefully I will get to see them next weekend.

Have a great beginning of the week, everyone!


21 comments:

  1. oh cute- I love the eyelet shell with jeans- I think the little touch of collar really makes this top work! And you must get this origami dress- so gorgeous in this colour- imagine with a nice caramel blazer for work, or just the dress itself for any number of occasions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I love the eyelet. And I LOVE the Origami dress even more!

      Delete
  2. Loooove the Origami dress on you. Super chic and fits you perfectly! So sad that you won't be around for our store opening. I'll have to brave the hordes alone (sniff).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CC! Tell me about it. Oh, well!... I'm sure you will manage somehow. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love the red dress. I've wanted it for ages, but don't need it. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the oragami dress on you!!! I own it in charcoal grey, it's a stunning dress...You looked beautiful in it!! Thank you for the reviews Rose as always it seems we are both drawn to the same items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MB! You are too kind! :)

      Delete
  5. The Origami dress looks made for you! I want the Lace stripe shell in white for summer - nice to see it irl. The pic of the buckle sitting on your ankle bone screams 'ouch'. Thanks for the warning & the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JustVisiting, thank you very much! Ouch is right. I couldn't even walk in them.

      Delete
  6. The Origami dress is fabulous! I have it in black...love the red on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, My4Boys! It's a lovely dress.

      Delete
  7. The Origami dress looks perfect on you -- so flattering! And love the chili eyelet shell as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, M, and thanks for visiting! The chili eyelet is adorable.

      Delete
  8. love that Origami dress!!! Just stumbled on your blog too, can't wait to see more! Definitely following you now!

    Sarah
    sarahsavvystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks for stumbling, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the origami dress and you wear it so well. How exciting to have your very own J.Crew B&M! Could it even be possible for you to do more reviews?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, xoxo! Yes, its arrival is highly anticipated!

      Delete
  10. I love the Origami Sheath dress on you, Rose! I hope you're able to get it eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go up 1/2 size on the shoe & they are much more comfortable. I normally take an 8, sometimes even a 7 1/2, and I took an 8 1/2 in these. I also buckle them loosely. No rubbing and the shoes are pretty comfortable for heels.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.