Thursday, April 26, 2012

J. Crew Factory - April (II)

I ended up visiting not one, but 2 crewlets last weekend, so I got my fill of factory items. The 40% off sale items was still on. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Factory Floral Embroidered Cap-Sleeve Dress. This pattern received a lot of blog land love last year, and so did the skirt below. I am wearing size 4 in both the dress and the skirt, and they are both 100% cotton and fully lined. The waist of the dress fitted high on me, but I have a long torso, so I am not surprised about that.

 

The  Factory Floral Embroidered Skirt cannot be found on the website. I am not sure if it is already sold out or not. The stores had plenty of them, if you are looking for one.

Factory Floral Embroidered Skirt (similar here, here)

Factory Stripe Sundress size 4 in black and azalea is a lovely silk dress, but it has a poly lining. I saw a young girl trying on the pink (which is actually neon) and looked adorable on her.


Factory Mosaic Tunic size XS has the same Casbah print as the skirt I reviewed here. Perfect length for beach wear, I think.


That's all for now. I will try to post the rest of the photos from both JC and JCF this weekend. I am also hoping to visit the newly opened Vancouver store, since I missed its opening on Wednesday.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday and end of the week! Thanks for visiting!


10 comments:

  1. you fit everything so well. I enjoy your blog and photos. I think we all appreciate what you do. If I could offer a suggestion...it would be to include more of your own personnel comments about items...like love it or hate it, bought, would never buy, would buy on sale or not. I like your taste in your otd's. I bet most of us would love to hear more of your opinions about the clothes as we all love your style. Thanks and as always please keep up your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually try to say if I'd buy this, short-list it, etc. But I will try to give on opinion on all pieces. This past week has been a bit challenging as I was travelling for work and my time for posting was very limited. Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  2. One of my fave mannequin outfits from my visit to the Crewlet last weekend was this floral dress. I think they just had it belted with a necklace, but I still thought it looked adorable! I didn't try it on because I didn't think I needed a dark colored dress, but now I wish I had! I DID try on the neon stripe sundress and it was super cute, but not discounted enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a different looking dress, for sure. I can easily see this worn at a summer wedding with a colourful belt! Yes, the neon stripe dress looks striking, but ouch! on the price.

      Delete
  3. I wish the Factory would do the casbah print on a perfect shirt, I would be all grabby hands over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping the Factory version of the Mirabel pencil skirt will become available on line - it looks really nice. Have a great weekend! Looking forward to your post on the new J. Crew store in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, if you wish, CC and I can get it for you. Have you tried calling a store about it? Just be aware that it runs small in comparison to the regular version.

      Delete
  5. I'm kind of late to this post, but I just tried on the factory floral embroidered cap sleeve dress and really liked it, except that the sleeves (under my arms) were cut waaaay low. Did you notice this? I'm wondering if it was just the dress I tried on or if it is just made like that. I also had on a size up to accomodate my bust, so possibly that is why also...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much :)

    http://sewingbreakdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.