Monday, April 23, 2012

J. Crew - April (III)

After an intense morning, I had the afternoon free, and since a co-worker wanted company to go shopping, I offered, of course. We stopped at J. Crew to check out the new arrivals, and then later at the Factory store. I have had my eye on the Featherweight Cotton Cardigan in Colorblock (size S, my regular size) since I saw it on the website last week, so of course I had to try it on. The knit is really thin, and I didn't expect that, but I should have known, given the name.

(More colorblock cardis here, here, here)

The No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Garden Floral (size 2) reminds me of the print of Linda Floral Pencil Skirt from BR I tried on here before. Just like the other pencil skirts before, it is a thick and sturdy cotton with some stretch in it, and it is fully lined. The blouse is the Naomi Top size 2. This is my usualsize in tops at J. Crew. The blouse is 100% silk with a 100% poly lining. The 'modern red' colour is very intense, more so than my pic shows.

Naomi Top (similar here, here, here)

Tippi Sweater in Heart-Print Crepe size S fits similarly to the wool Tippis I tried on before, but it's made of cotton crepe.

 (More cute sweaters with hearts here, here, here, here

Lastly for now, the Villa Dress in Stripe size S. I believe this is from the previous roll-out, but I haven't had the chance to try it on before. The cotton jersey is quite substantial, and the back is low cut and has buttons. I would wear this with a colourful belt, such as modern red. 

 
 (More striped jersey dresses here, here, here)

That's it for now. More pics to come soon:


The Orlando JC store still offered 30% off sale items, while the JCF store had a 40% off sale items going

Thank you for reading, and have a great Tuesday, everyone!

20 comments:

  1. Sqeee! New arrivals! Thanks for the reviews! I can tell you this, the 2 Featherweight cardis that I own (from last season) are handled with extreme caution. They are de-li-cate! Can't wait for more reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have to be (handled with caution). They are so flimsy!

      Delete
  2. I have my eye on the villa dress now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cute, Sarah! You would love it!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eye-ing that colorblock cardi, but I find that for some reason I'm very rough on summer cardis. All the on-and-off from into airconditioning and outside again, probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi WFF! It's been on my radar as well, and then I saw it up close. It would have to hit major sale before I would consider it now.

      Delete
  6. Hello! I came to your blog, because your profile photo intrigued me. And now I see that not only one photo is cool! So, I'm glad I found you because your blog is awesome! Good job and please keep posting, because you do it great, and I start following and will visit you with pleasure!

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    xx nik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nik, and thanks for visiting! You are too kind!

      Delete
  7. Thanks SO much, as always, for these great reviews! Like wellfedfred, I've been eyeing the color block cardigan, so I really appreciate the review. And, the Garden Floral skirt looks great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, rynetta, and you are welcome! I know you love that skirt too! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm interested in the colorblock cardi, but since it's so thin, maybe only if it makes it to sale.
    Thanks for the reviews, as always! - I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award. :o)


    See Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, My4Boys, and you are welcome also!

      That's so nice of you! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the reviews Rose!!! I tried the heart Tippi sweater after reading this blog, I love it!!! Too bad about the price tag :(. You looked great in everything as always. Hope you are enjoying Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MB, and you are welcome! We can always wait for a sale, right? Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Great reviews as always Rose. I still haven't taken the plunge on a Tippi but I was anxious to check them out IRL. Unfortunately the linen versions looked so thin when I saw them last week and this heart print seems a bit sheer too. Just not for me I guess, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it is sheer in comparison to the striped one I blogged about earlier, but it's OK if worn with a nude bra, in my opinion. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
    2. Villa dress is super cute on you!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.