Friday, April 20, 2012

J. Crew - April (II)

Last weekend I tried on a couple of dresses: the Origami Sheath Dress and the Director Dress in Bi-Stretch Wool. I chose both of them because they were so colourful. I have already posted the pic of the Origami Dress here. The Director Dress in Bi-Stretch Wool is also size 4. The top fitted well, albeit it was low cut, but the skirt portion is way too big. See this dress on xoxo here.

 Director Dress (similar here, here)
(Similar colours here, here, here)
 Marci Patent Wedges  (similar here, here, here, here)

I also tried on the Bette Suede Platform Wedges size 8, or my usual shoe size. These sandals are wider than I expected, and as you can see, my foot is falling off the platform. I also didn't care for the wedge material either.


Tippi Sweater in Linen size S shows sold out on the website, but the store I visited last weekend had quite a few left. It's the same fit as the merino Tippi I blogged about on several occasions before. 


Finally, the Valentina Pumps in 'rooftop red.' These shoes are quite comfortable and fit TTS for me. Please also see the Valentina Printed Pattern Pumps here. They have a lower heel than I am used to wearing.

 
Valentina Pumps (more Valentinas  here or here)
(Similar here, here, here, here)

J. Crew's new arrivals are here. I finally had a bit of time to have a look through them, and here are some of my favourites:

Featherweight Cotton Cardigan in Colorblock. I like the 'pink navy' combo, of course.


Tippi Sweater in Heart-Print Crepe. The sweater of 2011 (and possibly of 2012 as well, I think) at J. Crew, in cotton, and printed with hearts? What's not to like?

Tippi Sweater in Heart-Print Crepe

Ring-Around Eyelet Top. Last year I got the Leslie Lace Shell in two colours, but this one is tempting me too.

 Ring-Around Eyelet Top

Colorblock Silk V-Back Dress is a stunner, in my opinion. A bit pricey, but if it makes it to sale, it might be something to consider.

Colorblock Silk V-Back Dress

And finally, the Margate Satchel in 'cedar plank' (below) and 'stormy sea. '

Margate Satchel

Have you had a chance to 'leaf' through the new arrivals pages? What are your favourites?

Tomorrow bright and early (well, not that early, really), I should be on a flight to Florida IF the Air Canada pilots don't decide to strike or call in sick all of them at once. :) In which case the co-worker I am travelling with and I will be scrambling. It's not a vacation, but even though it's work, it will be nice to be in a warm place.

Have a great end of the week, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hey have a great trip. Where in Canada are you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, nikkiwix! I am in the Lower Mainland.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link love. It's really too bad about the Director Dress but I'll bet it is perfect for someone more pear-shaped. The only new arrivals I want are the Altuzzara Sabrina dress and the snakeskin Valentinas in blue. Both are ordered so there should be a full price promo next week - ha!

    Have a safe trip Rose. Enjoy Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! It's cute -- can't wait to see a review. LOL That's too funny.

      Thanks, xoxo!

      Delete
  3. Have fun in florida! Great J Crew picks btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I scored the red Valentinas at the Yorkdale store yesterday - so pleased! Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.