Monday, April 9, 2012

Four Anthro Dresses - April

I've had a few Anthro dress photos for a while now and I decided to finally post them. On the last visit, I didn't see much I wanted to try on at Anthro, but one exception was the Given Then Gathered Column Dress size S and 'bright red' colour. The dress shown on the website is navy, but prefer the red much better. I liked the side ruching and the way the fabric drapes around the neckline. The modal fabric feels cool on, so it should wear well in the summer.

 
Given Then Gathered Column Dress  (similar here, here, here, here)

Crushed Chroma Dress size XS. I tried both this and size S. The XS is just a tad shorter and tighter than the S. I was attracted to the colourful fabric, but I think I should have left this dress on the rack.

 
 
Crushed Chroma Dress (similar here)

Ruffled Oska Dress size 4 and bright red is a beautiful silk fabric. This is my 'usual' size dress at Anthro.

Ruffled Oska Dress (similar here, here, here)

Sun-Soaked Shift size 2 is all cotton and fully lined. If this were about 3 inches longer (I'm 5'6"), I might wear it with a belt on. But without one, it's a definite pass.

Sun-Soaked Shift (similar here, here, here)

Would love to check these out:

Crushed chroma crops (just for fun!)

Have you been to Anthro lately? What did you think?

14 comments:

  1. That first dress is a definite winner - it looks AMAZING on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JanAlyssa, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. The thought I had was ooh-la-la when I saw the top pic. Did you keep that dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! No, I didn't. I might check it out again if it makes it to sale as I wouldn't have many occasions to wear something like that.

      Delete
  3. The red is lovely the second crazy and I'm drawn to the yellow trapeze dress, it's look so cool and easy for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, T! It might work on you. I felt it was short on me.

      Delete
  4. The sun soaked shift is actually on my wishlist but I since they don't have petites in-store, I've been on-the-fence on whether or not I needed a petite size. I want to wear it belted, so it looks like I should stick with the reg length - I adore the color and print though.
    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the regular size will fit you just fine if you intend to wear it with a belt.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love both the red dresses on you, and particularly the gathered and draped dress! woowee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'll say it. That Crushed Chroma dress is what one of my fave bloggers call a "Frankendress". A concept that should have stayed a concept. You look amazing in the red Gathered Column dress. That's a "must" to add to your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankendress is quite appropriate. LOL It looks like an experiment gone wrong.

      Delete
  7. Oh my that Chroma dress is a disaster. It looks like someone tried to brighten up a basic shift with craft fabric. I can't say I'm a fan of any of these dresses but I am starting to wonder if I'm going through a negative period and it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually felt the opposite of majority- I thought the Crushed Chroma Dress was quite a showy piece- you with your figure can totally pull it off. I liked it despite the reviews, but I can see how it would be" a little bit too much going on" for a RL wear- pieces like this do really well in glossy editorial spreads.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.