Sunday, April 15, 2012

Anthro Reviews - April (I)

Right at the entrance of the store I found this colourful Tiered Petunia Tank (size 2). I have wider shoulder than the average woman, so if you are smaller, you may need to size down. The top is made of viscose and feels nice and cool against the skin, which I prefer in the summer.


Fremont Shirtdress size S is made of Tencel, another cool fibre to wear in the summer. It's similar to the Wagner Tunic I blogged about here before.


Blushing Olena Shift is my regular size dress at Anthro (4). Loved the fabric (linen/rayon). The lining is cotton and it's green, with a crochet border. This dress fits short on me, and there isn't much of a hem to let out.

 

Tali Buttondown size S 'ivory' is a pretty silk top, but very sheer. I paired it with the Rain Poppy Mini size 4. This is the larger of the two sizes in skirts at Anthro. The skirt fabric is a substantial cotton, while the lining is acetate. It's quite short on me at 5'6".


Flame-Kissed Skirt size 4 sits lower on my hips, and it's slightly A-line. It's a sturdy cotton with appliques in a red brick colour. This skirt is also short on me.

 

One more item that caught my eye is the Roselle Scarf. Fortunately, it is not scarf season, so I am not tempted by it, but its colours are lovely.



Have you been to Anthro lately? What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. Hello Rose:
    We are Anthro virgins!!!

    We especially like the Poppy print dress which you show here. One would be one's own flower border dressed in it!! Surely one could not fail to be happy in such a cheerful garment?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane & Lance, you crack me up! Thanks for visiting and for your kind words. I love a cheerful, colourful print!

      Delete
  2. I went to Anthro yesterday and almost tried on that chambray dress. I really like that floral print dress on you, but agree that it is a tad short.
    I tried on several things, but splurged on a cute dress with bicycles on it. Sorry, I don't know the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, fshonmymind! There are some pretty dresses in Anthro right now.

      Delete
  3. I always appreciate your reviews Rose. I was disappointed to see that the scarf is acrylic but there were some other cute scarves in the sidebar, of course. I never visit the Anthro B&M at home because it is impossible to park at that mall. While I'm in Texas I'm going to stop in and check out a few things, the scarves for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! I am having too much fun trying on all these clothes! I was disappointed about the acrylic part too. Hope you have a good trip to Texas!

      Delete
  4. The Flame-kissed mini skirt is stunning! I haven't been to Anthro in a long time, but I must go check it out. Looks like there are some interesting prints to be had. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise! It's quite different, that's for sure. Too bad it's so dang short!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.