Monday, March 19, 2012

J. Crew Stripes & Paisley

A few new arrivals since my JC visit a couple of weeks ago caught my eye, among them the Zip Front T-Shirt Dress size S. I was pleasantly surprised about this one after trying it on. The fabric is similar to that of the Maritime Dress (IRL here). Loved the front zipper and the longer length of this dress.


Painter Stripe Bateau Tee size M and 'vibrant flame' is currently on sale. This is one size larger than I usually wear at JC. The SA confirmed she also sized up. It has cute button detail on the shoulders.

Painter Stripe Bateau Tee (similar here, here, here, here)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton (similar here, here, here)

The No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Feather Paisley size 2 fits identically to the other pencil skirts from J. Crew I tried on before. Linen Pintuck Shell is size XS, or one size smaller than I normally wear at J. Crew. Unlike what the description says, the white one is quite sheer, as you can probably tell from the photo. I prefer it belted, as in the second photo.

 (more paisley skirts here, here, here, here)
(more items in this pattern here and here)

I have more photos for a future post. Hope your week started well!


6 comments:

  1. I like the Linen Pintuck Shell, it's on my "should get a white top for this summer" list. That's if Summer ever arrives. Snowed for half my drive in to work this morning :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sheer, so remember that. Really... it snowed up here yesterday too. What gives? The spring flowers are shivering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised at how big and swingy the linen pintuck shell is at the bottom! It's a get on sale item for me, since it'll look nice under a cardi or blazer, and I like how it looks belted.
    Thanks so much for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JustVisiting, I agree about the linen top. I may give it a second look when it goes on super sale. Shouldn't be long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose, I like the no2 in that feather paisley, it's an interesting print.
    Good to know you liked that new striped dress, thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had seen your review before ordering the painter stripe tee. The past few times I have ordered tees from JC, the size Small was always really big on me, so I ordered an XS this time and I could barely get my arms into it. Very disappointed - it's a really nice tee, but now have to spend money to send it back and exchange for a larger size.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.