Wednesday, March 7, 2012

J. Crew Reviews - March (II)

Here are a few more photos of my most recent visit to the JC store. First is the much loved Raindrop Lace Top in 'apricot mist'size 2. The colour is very pale but makes a nice neutral, in my opinion. However, the 30% nylon in the lace and the poly lining is something I usually avoid, especially in a summer top. Here I am trying it with the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Terrazzo Tweed size 4. This is one size up from my regular JC pencil skirt size and it fits comfortably on. The sandals are the Sydney Patent Sandals and I blogged about them here before.


Next is the Long No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Sovereign Paisley size 2, my regular JC pencil skirt size. I am 5'6"tall, for reference. The second photo is a side view to show how the pattern lines up (or rather doesn't). This is a beautiful skirt, but I wish the green accent were not neon green.

 

Cafe Capris in Sovereign Paisley size 2. I prefer the minnie pants to the cafe capris, but I think these would be fun to wear on a tropical vacation. The sandals are the Palma Leather Platform Wedges 'seashore beige' and size 8. I like these better than the Lila Wedges I blogged about here before and which are currently on sale, both in style and in comfort. 

 
 
  Cafe Capris in Sovereign Paisley  (more paisley pants here, here, here)

I have a few more photos for a future post. Please also remember to enter my giveaway here.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely Thursday, everyone!



8 comments:

  1. Oh that is the perfect length for pencil skirts, my only gripes with the skirts I bought from J Crew a few months ago were that they stopped a bit short for a proper pencil silhouette but this I LOVE this length.
    Hmm, I don't get the appeal of the top at all, but then I think pale lace looks like doilies and is best left to bride's dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T., the skirt is 25" long and I like it too. I can see how the top looks like a doily -- the sleeve edge certainly reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sense of style and very nice blog! Congratulations on your work!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose
    Loving all your posts. Those Sydney sandals are to die for...have you bought them?
    If you have not checked out Joe Fresh lately....have a look. alot of J Crew/looks and the prices are good...quality although is questionable. Some things are well made others are not. I find the pants are good, shoes so so, tops fair,sweaters okay...pj's are fab.
    J crew is set to open end of April....think Jenna will be at the opening? my luck they will open on a weekday when I'm working. But I will go . I need to find out all my capri/tops and other items sizes so I can actually order on line. I know are prices are going to be sky high in store. I have a cart full on line right now waiting for a full price promo.
    Do you think we will be able to return to the Vancouver store on line orders...I think another Jca said we can't.
    Well I will be heading down to Seattle end of March and will try to do both BM's and the crewlet Just love love all your posts both you and closet crisis are so helpful to all of us north of the border. Carolyn from Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of paisley, but I like those pants. I think they cut them long, not like capris. At least I felt that way when I tried them on and they seem long on you at 5'5", if I recall correctly. The shoes look really cute. I love a wedge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Laura! I joined your blog.

    Hi Carolyn! Thanks, and great you can get some help here. Yes, I have 2 pairs of Joe Fresh (those patent pumps) and they are great. I go to the Superstore regularly for some of the groceries (usually non-food items). I understand one cannot return online purchases to the Canadian stores, but I have not had to do that. I think I will try things on in Vancouver and then possibly buy them online later.

    Gigi, I think they are funky and you may be right about their length. I am 5'6". I love wedges too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!

    I am loving those wedges. How did you find them? We're they comfy?

    Thanks for your time!
    Reilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose,

    I love the tweed skirt on you :) Those wedges are adorable as well. Do you find them comfy? I tried the Joe contrast wedge platforms and the front strap really dug into my toes :( Are these Jcrew ones more comfy?

    Thanks for your time,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.