Monday, March 5, 2012

J. Crew Reviews - March (I)

This past weekend I made my way to JC land again. I found quite a few more items that were new, but not much love was found. I tried on a few things I liked, just in case they make it to sale and I may be able to snatch a couple then. The No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Ultra Eyelet in size 2 and 'chili' colour is beautiful. The eyelets are really well done, in my opinion, even though they are much larger than last summer's. The sweater is a store only item for now (#73824). I took a size M to try on since the S looked a bit narrow. I like this kind of summer sweater to be a bit more slouchy than my winter sweaters, so either S or M would do in this.

Edit: sweater is the  Linen Dot Popover.

 

Big-Shot Dot Dress (item #70542) size 4. Torso is too tight and I should have sized up to a 6. No need to do that if you have narrower shoulders than mine. This is a pretty summer dress. Loved the wide black grosgrain ribbon. I am 5'6", for reference.

 

Sydney Patent Sandals are my regular shoe size at JC (8). They are comfy to walk in even on the 3 1/2 inch heels. The colour is called 'bronzed clay' and is a nude with pink undertones. 

 

And here's a little 'Beehive' pendant (item 39859, I believe - edit: website shows item # 90759) which retails for $32.50. It looks more like an Easter egg to me, but what do I know? I might pair this with Madewell's Lucky Day Memento Charm I got.


More egg pendants (non-J. Crew):

I have lots more photos, including Factory items coming up in the next few days.

Thanks for reading and have a great Tueday, everyone!



3 comments:

  1. The red eyelet skirt is on my must-have list but my size is already waist listed. The polka dot dress is darling on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes...Daylight savings time is ending this sunday, and Easter eggs are on the shop shelves... Can Spring be around the corner? Love your picks. The pendant is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that eyelet skirt. Looks even prettier in person.
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.