Saturday, March 24, 2012

Brights At The Gap (II)

Earlier this week I browsed through gap.com and notice some new arrivals, and a lot of colourful items among them. Like this Eyelet Mini Skirt in 'hot coral.' I sized up to a 6 to gain some length, but no such luck. Too bad, because if this were 3 inches longer, I'd be all over it at the current the price point. The dolman 3/4 sleeve sweater in an identical colour is not on the website, but I found it right beside the skirt in the store, so naturally I had to try them both. The style number is on the label in the second photo. I am wearing an XS, and it fits comfortably. Usually I am size S in sweaters.

 Dolman Sleeve Sweater (similar here, here, here)
Eyelet Mini Skirt (more eyelet skirts here, here, here, here)

The Open Knit Textured Sweater size S and 'navy' is see-through, so definitely need a cami or a tee underneath. It's a linen/cotton blend and it comes in 3 other colours.
 


I LOVED the colours in the  Striped A-Line Dress (size S), but was disappointed to see it was all poly. It's kind of shapeless and has no pockets, and it would probably look much better belted.

 Striped A-Line Dress (similar here and here)

Striped Sweatshirt Dress  size S and  'pink stripe' got me fooled. I thought it was all cotton, but apparently it is poly/rayon 80/20. The sleeves also feel very tight.


Lastly, the 2 scarves that I liked instantly: the 'blue' and the 'orange' motifs of the Variegated Stripe Scarf. The colours in both are gorgeous! The website photos make these scarves look more dull than they really are. The Cropped Zip Pants in size 4 are 97% cotton with some spandex in them. They'll be great in the summer. 


 
Cropped Zip Pants (similar here and here)

I also loved the beading on this pretty Beaded Flap Clutch:

Beaded Flap Clutch  (similar here, here or here)

The Gap has a 25% off discount on your purchase with the code SPRINGSAVE (or 30% off for $100+ purchases) through March 26. This code is also valid at Old Navy and Banana Republic. Happy shopping!

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. ooh- I love the navy textured sweater, and it looks great with the orange eyelet. too bad it's so short!! I only wear minis in the winter with tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The striped dress is so cute! Too bad about those fabric materials. I like the textured sweater, too, despite the need to layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the striped dress. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sarah! the eyelet skirt is beautiful!

    I agree, gigi & Melanie! The dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.