Saturday, February 18, 2012

Madewell Stitchwork Silk Dress OOTD

Yesterday I finally received the Stitchwork silk dress and promptly tried it on. Size 2 fitted perfectly, and cannot wait to wear it this summer -- all three weeks of it. Actually, I will be in Florida at the end of April and hope to be able to wear it there. Until then, I am counting the days and you will see why next. This morning I went out for a walk in what I thought was rain. It turned into flurries mixed with hail and other solid precipitation. It was coming sideways at me, so my hiking pants got completely soaked and stuck to my legs. My hair turned to its natural curly state, and I was too lazy to straighten it again for the photo. 

Back to the dress: it's silk and fully lined, has adjustable straps as well as some pretty embroidery on the front. It's very long, so I can shorten if I wanted to do that.

  Stitchwork silk dress (similar here, here, here) 
 
J. Crew Sevigne Washed Leather Wedges (similar here, here, here)

Madewell has free shipping through Monday, Feb. 20. I took a quick look through the sale items and some of my picks form there are:

Contrast shadowbox sweaterdress (IRL pics of the navy & red here)
Film noir pumps (IRL pics here)
Striped outfield sweater (3 colours)(IRL pics here)

From the new arrivals, I am liking:

Block stripe hoodie  (IRL photo here) 

I am also liking the new Mara Hoffman bikinis, but they are just a bit too pricey. Here are some more, if your pocket book can handle them:


Are you sick of winter too? Have you picked up a thing or two from Madewell lately? Please share.

Have a great Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. very cute on you! Great choice of purse, shoes. Only wish it was warm enough to wear something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great dress- you could do it up 20s style with the right accessories or just keep it gorgeously simple and chic like this. sigh. me likee! thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable on you! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is beautiful, I love the in between length, perfect for those wedges. Your walk sounds familiar, it happens all too often to me when I walk the dogs...kinda liking the curls on you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies, for the nice comments and suggestions! I like this dress a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress on you! I can't wait to check it out in the new Madewell in my favorite mall!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, Andrea! It's much cheaper in the store than online.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.