Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Madewell Reviews - February (III)

Here are some of the photos I took on my latest Madewell expedition. Topnote Cardigan size S and 'felix red' colour is all cotton and fits TTS. This is my regular size in cardigans at JC and Madewell most of the time. Also comes in 'juniper berry,' 'pale chartreuse' and 'plum orchid.' It's also slightly longer at the back.

The Colorband Tee didn't look like much on the website but I liked the colorblock/colorband scheme as well as the idea of the silk fabric, so I wanted to try it on. I am wearing size S, and love it. I wishlisted it and hopefully it will make it to sale.
 
 Colorband Tee  (similar here)

The Silk Singalong Top (or the 'muscle shirt,' as CC called it when she saw it) size XS and 'plum orchid' colour. I am not fond of this type of sleeve, but love the colour. I sized down in this one, as I am usually size S in tops.

 Silk Singalong Top (similar colour here, here, here)

Another silk top that didn't look like much on the website, but I liked it on. It's the Ribbon Stripe Top in the 'cleo black sea' and size XS again. It would be a great piece under a white/grey/beige/red/black blazer or with a grey or white skirt in my opinion.

 
 Ribbon Stripe Top (more vertical stripes here, here, here)

Joylight Pocket Pullover size XS and 'marled black' is a fun pullover that also comes in 'marled ocean' and 'marled ginger.' It's also one size smaller than I normally wear in sweaters and like the Topnote Cardigan above, it's a bit longer at the back. I didn't care for the acrylic and poly in the yarn though.


And lastly, the Dusklight Velvet Dress size 4. It's a rayon/silk velvet and I wish it were more flattering on me. The price in stores is $49.99. However, even with the really low store price tag, I couldn't justify buying it.

 Dusklight Velvet Dress (more velvet dresses here, here, here and a maxi here)

Some of my other picks are:

Colorband shiftdress
Striped parklane dress (currently on sale)(IRL photo here)
Meadowbloom dress
Lilly lace dress (IRL photo here)
Stitchwork silk dress (currently on super sale in stores)(IRL photo here)

The website has new arrivals, and the SA told me they would be in stores tomorrow. Some of my early favourites are:

Painted garden daydress
Laceshadow silk tee
Dandelion dot top
Keepsake tee (comes in 10 colours)
Spotshow cardigan
Holepunch sidewalk skimmer

And here's my latest Madewell acquisition:


It's a new charm for the Trinket Box Chain, to keep company to the Looking Glass Memento Charm and to the Antique Key Memento Charm seen here before.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!




7 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,
    I went to the Madewell in SoHo last Saturday. I love that store!! I purchased nothing from J Crew but left with about five items from Madewell. My best find was the garland green suede pointy skimmers, they are backordered until June online. I too picked up up the exact same charm. Very hooked on that necklace!! Thanks to you. Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the red cardi! Looks really good against the blue of the jeans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose what are those really nice dark denim jeans you have on ? Thanks for the great reviews Carolyn from Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  4. That charm is beautiful! I really like the cut of the singalong top- the sleeve cuff is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really like that ribbon striped top on you! Would have never looked at it on the website so thank you for showcasing it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I like this red cardi too! The Joylight pocket pullover is on my wish list, and it looks great on you :-)
    The dress is very nice too..so many temptations!
    Thnx for the reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MB! Glad you had a blast on your NY visit!

    Mrs. C, the cardigan is even nicer in real life. I loved how bright the red was.

    Carolyn, they are the JC matchstick in dark rinse from last year. Thank you!

    Thanks, thatdamngreendress!

    Hi Andrea! So many pretties, so little time, isn't it? :) Thanks for dropping by.

    I agree, Katherine! I think it is a versatiel piece. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.