Monday, February 20, 2012

J. Crew Reviews - February (IV)

Here are more photos from two recent JC visits. The No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Gardenshade Floral is currently on sale. With the additional discount, it is an even better deal. I got this last week during the 30% promo and I plan to wear it a lot this summer. One of the tops I paired this with is the Tippi Sweater. I am trying it with 2 different colours, and it works well with either. I blogged about the Tippi Sweater on several occasions before (here, here, here and here).
Tippi Sweater (similar here, here, here) 

There is some pink in the pattern of the skirt, so I think a pink sweater would work well too. I found a 100% crewneck sweater called the Thandie at the Factory store which is very similar to the Tippi below. It was priced at $49.99 and with the current 40% off promo on sweaters at the crewlet, it came to only $30. The Jackie Pullover in the blue colour would also look good.

Tippi Sweater (similar here, here, here)

Next I tried the same skirt with the Natasha Top in size 2 and 'heather dark grape.' I am usually a size 2 in tops and 4 in shirts. It's also a pretty colour top that would go well with this skirt.

 
Natasha Top (similar here, here, here)
  
The Lila Patent Platform Wedges are my regular shoe size at J. Crew (size 8). The height is comfortable, but the leather edges were a bit rough. I also didn't care much for the canvas-covered platform. I think they made them look cheap, but that's just my opinion.


And lastly, I also tried the Natasha Top with the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton, also size 2 and 'natural' colour. See the 'mauve morning' version of this skirt from last summer here.


I have a few more try-ons for a future post.  Hope you are having a great beginning of the week, everyone!


18 comments:

  1. Great score on the Gardenshade Floral Skirt. Such a pretty print, looks like a Monet. I like the last outfit with the natural cotton skirt. Very simple/chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I already replied to all the comments here, but it appears I haven't! Ugh! I think Blogger ate all my comments.

      I love it too, CC!

      Delete
  2. I bought that pink sweater at the Factory store the other day. I've got two Tippi sweaters and was thrilled to find almost an exact match in a fun color and at a great price. Thanks for showing it with the skirt! I'm excited to pair it with different things in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love some of the Factory offerings these days!

      Delete
  3. The Natasha in grape looks really good with the Gardenshade floral skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last outfit and natasha top with the gardenshade floral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping to pick ups a pair of J Crew wedges when I'm over in a few weeks - can't wait, I have three J Crew shops all mapped out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read about your shopping expeditions.

      Delete
  6. This skirt is so pretty! Love it with the Natasha top ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for visiting, Andrea!

      Delete
  7. So you think that the pink of the Factory version "thandie" sweater is very similar to the neon azalea "tippi"? I bought the neon azalea tippi but cannot stomach the $72.50 I paid for it...I love the color but not that much! I'd be thrilled to find another option at a much better price. I don't have a crewlet closeby, but we do have one a couple hours from here...maybe they will do a charge/send for me. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Thandie is not the same as the neon azalea, as far as I can remember.

      Delete
  8. The grape looks great w/the gardenshade skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did the gardenshade floral skirt run TTS (like the no 2 wool pencil skirts) or did it fit big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. StaciStaci, the skirt runs TTS for me.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.