Monday, February 6, 2012

J. Crew - February (I)

This past Sunday I managed to make my way South again in the company of CC of One Too Many Closets. The idea was to get to Target to check out the Jason Wu for Target collection. We didn't manage to make it in time, and it was just as well. We then made our way to J. Crew, Madewell and Victoria's Secret, with a lunch and the obligatory latte at Starbucks thrown in.

Trying the Schoolboy Blazer in Herringbone in neon pink, size 4, together with the Contrast Stripe Tee size XS and neon peach pink. The blazer is the usual Schoolboy Blazer fit. The tee is one size smaller than I normally take in tops. Loved the fabric of the blazer as well as the nice striped lining you see on the turned sleeves.

Schoolboy Blazer in Herringbone (more pink blazers here, here, here, here, here or here)

The  Contrast Stripe Tee is sheer, much more than the Colorblocked Striped Tee I blogged about here before. 


The Boatneck Popover in 'apricot navy' is size XXS, or 2 sizes smaller. For a less fitted look I would take an XS, however.

Boatneck Popover (similar here, here or here)

Lastly for now is the Tillary Purse in collegiate green, in case you were wondering about proportions. As CC noticed, the shoulder strap still had some adjustment room in case it needed to be lengthened. It's also completely removable, so the bag can be easily turned into a clutch.

Tillary Purse (similar here, here or here)(in suede here and here from Madewell)

More reviews to come in a future post.

In case anyone is still looking for the Gimlet Skirt In Coaster Stripe currently sold out online, the UVillage in Seattle store still had one size 2, two size 4, and one size 6 left. See my post about this skirt here.

Have a great start of the week!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews, thanks! Good to note about the Tillary purse being changeable into a clutch. That's handy. I'm loving the blazer too, and it's wishlisted for sale for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch for these reviews! Like shopwithm, I love the Schoolboy Blazer in Herringbone--super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like that Boatneck Popover, but I need another striped top like I need a hole in the head. It looks great on you!

    I did manage to check out the Jason Wu Collection at Target before it sold out at my local store. I reviewed some pieces on my blog, http://onlyboringpeoplearebored.blogspot.com/. Mainly just wanted the cat scarf (I got the last one!), but the dresses and some of the tops were pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happened into my local Target on Sunday morning, having completely forgotten it was Wu launch day. I'd say about half the items were still there, and not even one passed my F21 test. I do not understand the hoopla at all. And personally, I hope those who ran out to clear the racks with hopes of selling cheap polyester clothing for $100 a pop on eBay get stuck with it, just like all the Missoni stuff.

    Why can't they do anything with decent fabrics in these collaboration lines? Is it really that cost-prohibitive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors in the schoolboy blazer but I think the material looks too prone to wrinkling. The Tillary purse, though, looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that green Tillary! If I brought it home, would my green Marceau bag be jealous? Hmm, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pink blazer and the striped tee! They look so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink blazer on you! I had so much fun doing the trek with you. AND the salted caramels are just icing on the cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Vale! I am. :)

    shopwithm, it's one versatile small bag IMO, and the blazer is super cute. I actually made one many moons ago in the same colour which I recently gave away. Sigh.

    rynetta PhD, you are very welcome! What's not to like?

    Lisa, it is prone to wrinkling, but it is more of a casual blazer, so a few here and there wouldn't bother me much.

    WFF, it would be great choice! Yeah, it is already green. :) In another colour, perhaps?

    Thanks, Jyoti, and thanks for visiting!

    CC, thanks! Thanks, and me too! Shhhhh!... can we keep that a secret, please? We don't want them to run out of them all the time (which seems to happen more often, as people realize how delicious they are).

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.