Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Banana Republic - Late February

While I was browsing through the BR site, I saw some new items that piqued my interest, so I dropped by the store after work. This new short Belted Cotton Jacket in orange colour is one of them. I can see it on the main 'Women' page, but not on the US website. My label says item 423449. I am trying size M since S fly off the shelves almost always in this particular store, and by the look of it, XS would have been too small. It's a nice alternative to the Matinee Trench from J. Crew, but very similar in colour. It also has a front zipper, but instead of snaps, it has hidden buttons, which I like. This is the third coat at BR I really like this year. The other ones are the Pink Trench and the Polka Dot Trench I blogged about here before. And BTW, Shalom Harlow seems to be a new face at BR. I like her.


Mimi Double-Layer Halter in size S and 'blue.' I loved this top from the moment I walked into the store. The first one I saw was a taupe called 'sand castle,' but settled on this blue to try on. The bottom layer of the front as well as the back are made of rayon, and the front has poly draped over. Usually I am not keen when I see poly, but since this one is not in touch with skin, I can live with it. With the next code from BR, which is not far away, I am sure, I might snag this in a couple of the 5 colours. The skirt is the Print Pencil Skirt size 2 item and currently out of stock on the US site, but I have linked the Canadian one to view. There are plenty of them in the store, both in the black/white colour as well as in the 'pale gold' seen below in this post.


The Color-Block Top size 2. I really liked this on the website, but it turns out it's quite sheer in real life. It will work OK under a jacket or with some nude undergarments or a cami. The Textured Mini Skirt is size 4, my size in some of the BR skirts. I would like it if it were 3 inches longer.

 Color-Block Top  (similar here, here, here)

Pintuck Blouse size S and white colour is a rayon/viscose mix and fits TTS for me. It's also quite sheer as well. The Print Pencil Skirt is the same as above but in the 'pale gold' colour.


A new bobo purse also caught my eye: it's the Leather Turnlock Hobo. It looks quite well made, and the leather is soft. The chalk one only is available on the website. 

Also nice is this Lulu Leather Satchel. I didn't see it in store, but found it while browsing for red bags. After my disappoinment with the J. Crew Biennial Satchel Bag, this would look like a nice one to take its place. I know I said I prefer hobo style bags, but this one is a one-compartment bag, which is why I like the hobos to begin with. It also comes in black.


Also on my 'like' list from BR are:

Striped One-Button Cardigan (cotton/wool)
Soft-Wash Denim Shirt (on my wishlist)
Bryn Embellished Tank
Striped Cotton-Linen Scoopneck
Taupe Lightweight Wool Pencil Skirt
Navy Lightweight Wool Pencil Skirt
Natasha Leather Clutch
Have you been to BR lately? What did you think? I was told the Mad Men collection will be in the store on Thursday, so I will definitely be going back soon.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. That color is in the same vein as the matinee trench for sure. I saw some crops or capris in a similar color at BR as well. Good for someone if they fit their pants better than at JC. Thanks for sharing photos. Too bad about the colorblock blouse. I tried their colorblock silk buttondown and it had the same issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gigi! Yes, it's really close, and today I came across the Joe Fresh almost identical colour Mac Jacket. I will have to check the capris when they roll in. I haven't seen any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly haven't been shopping BR for a while...I just haven't been blown away by their stuff! I do love that red bag though...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni! Thanks for stopping by! I have shopped there on and off, and mainly when they have good deals mid-week.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.