Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Madewell Reviews - January

This past weekend I was able to pop into Madewell as well. One of my Madewell favourites is the Silk Gatehouse Shirt size S and 'iced peri' colour. It's a pretty silk shirt, but a bit thinner than the silks I have seen in Madewell before. Flea Market Flare Jeans in Steelworker Wash are size 28, one size up from what I take at JC. Unfortunately the fitting rooms at Madewell are not too well lit, so the photos are not that clear.

(other flared jeans here, here or here, and on sale here or here) 

Another one of my favourites is the Long-Sleeve Indigo Ink Tee size S as well. I loved this from the first time I laid eyes on it on the website. Rail Straight Jeans in Madewell Wash are size 28. This is one size up from J. Crew's Matchstick or Bootcut jeans. I tried the JC Bootcut jeans here. The pretty shoes are the Film Noir size 8. I wish they had a size 8 1/2 to try on, as these were a bit tight, but not too much. Normally I am size 8M in shoes. Film Noirs come also in red or green.

 Long-Sleeve Indigo Ink Tee (similar wash in a cardigan here or a tank here)
Rail Straight Jeans in Madewell Wash
Film Noir Pumps (similar here or here)

Striped Transmission Tee size S and 'sapphire orchid' fits and feels the same as J. Crew's Colorblock Striped Long-Sleeve Tee.

Striped Transmission Tee (similar here, here or here)
Rail Straight Jeans in Madewell Wash (similar here or here)

[blanknyc®] Skinny Jeans have the so-called 'Genius Jeans Guarantee: free shipping and free returns, all the time.' This is great if you are nowhere near a store but wold like to try some of these jeans. I am wearing size 28 here. The top is still the Striped Transmission Tee size S in 'nectar navajo.'

Striped Transmission Tee 
[blanknyc®] Skinny Jeans (similar here or here

I am liking Madewell more and more. The SAs have always been very helpful in the store, and just last week they sent me the striped hoodie and the lamppost dress in the mail.

I am gawking at the following on the website:

Houndstooth haze scarf (all wool, in blue & mocha) 
Leather transport tote (love the kilt red)

Madewell rolled new items and they should be in stores this week, I was told. Stay tuned...  I'm going back soon again.


Thanks for dropping by and have a great rest of the week, everyone!


5 comments:

  1. Those film noir pumps are so classic! I have had my eye on a few of their patterned silk shirts recently, though haven't managed to catch them in the sales- love how this looks like a regular checked top but it's this luxurious fabric instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews, I like the flare jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sleek Rose, you look good in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! First time poster, long time lurker! :) I was wondering how you liked the fit of the madewell flare jeans. I've only worn J. Crew jeans (size 25) and have never purchased anything from Madewell. Thanks in advance! Also, thanks for such a great and informative blog. It's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thatdamngreendess, I would phone a store to try to find if it goes on sale and get the skirt that way. I have had more success than stalking the website, which I don't have time to do anyway.

    xoxo, thanks! I like them too.

    T., you are too sweet! Thank you!

    Hi Heather! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom! The Madewell flare jeans are more flared than the JC I had in the past, but they seem less flared than this year's JC version, if you managed to try those on. Also I had to go up one size at Madewell from the JC flare/bootcut/matchstick size. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.