Saturday, January 21, 2012

Madewell Lamppost Sweaterdress OOTD

Today I received the Striped Lamppost Dress. I have blogged about this dress here before. This year I tried both this one as well as J. Crew's Stripe Sweater-Dress (see it here). I chose Madewell's because it is a bit thicker and is made of pure merino wool. At the time I am writing this, limited sizes are available on the website, but I was able to get mine by calling a store and asking to do a charge/send.

My Tall Minnie Pants In Bi-Stretch Wool haven't arrived yet, so I am wearing the twill ones from last year. You can get this year's version here. I ordered the tall version of these pants because I would like them a bit longer for the winter. I blogged about the wool minnies here before.

Striped Lamppost Dress (more striped merino dresses here, here or here)
Anthro Stitched Perimeter Belt (similar here or here)
J. Crew Bronson Booties (similar here or here)
Coach Parker Leather Black Shoulder Bag (not shown)(similar here or here)

And as I am browsing through the website, I see more new arrivals. Sigh!...  I already picked a few favourites and am hoping to see and try on a few of them soon.

Bikepath tee
Meadowbloom pictureshow tee
Striped transmission tee
Silk stripe tank 
Uzi™ tank
Colorband shift dress
Indigo ink cardigan
Skinny skinny colorpop jeans
Rivet & thread hayneedle workpants
Two-tone flatstack platform
Colorblock turnstile tote
Heartpoint memento charm
Drumline memento charm
Midnight medley necklace
Midnight drop pendant necklace
Color rail bracelet
Mini mailbag

Madewell is having a 30% off sale items plus free shipping on $100+ orders through Monday. Use code SALEAWAY.

Thank you for reading and hope everyone is having a great rest of the weekend!


7 comments:

  1. I'm trying to stay away from this very tempting Madewell sale- I think I hit my January budget 10 days into the month so now I need to just stay away for a bit!

    The striped dress is great- I love merino wool, and the colour combination is so warm and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This OOTD looks awesome on you! I never found the dress, but thanks so much for the tips!!! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - glad to hear of an alternative to the stripe sweater dress at JC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this dress a while ago when there was a promotion in store and I love it a lot. I am 5'8 and I always wear it with tights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That damngreendress, sorry to read this! Madewell sure has a lot of pretties!

    MB, thank you! Hope you will love it when you get it!

    OperaRach, I love it. It has more texture than the purple one I got from JC.

    jessie, I am glad you love it too. Yes, I agree, tights is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rose have a question for you, have you ever tried on this skirt: bluebell paisley skirt from Madewell?
    It just popped back up in a size 4 and was wondering if their pencil skirts fit like J Crew. Thanks in advance for you time. MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose, lamppost dress arrived today. Love it, looks great with tights! Thank you again, really appreciate all of your posts and tips.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.