Tuesday, January 24, 2012

J. Crew Reviews - January (II)

Here are a few more reviews of some of the items I tried on recently. These are the much talked about Valentina Printed Pattern Pumps size 8. Eight is my usual shoe size at J. Crew, and I'd say these pumps fit TTS. They are comfortable to walk in, but I only had them on for a few minutes, so keep that in mind.

 
 (more Valentinas here, here or here and similar prints here, here or here)

The bright pants are the new Toothpick Jeans in Garment-Dyed Twill size 28 and bright papaya. For reference, I take size 27 in the matchcstick or the bootcut (see previous post). They are comfy and very colourful, and I am sure they will appeal to the younger crowd. The colour on the website is more subdued than in real life. I think they look OK with heels, but I would not wear these with flats unless I was very long-legged. I have also tried the Madewell version of these jeans coming up in a future post.


Ripplestitch Sweater In Stripe size S ruby chalk. This sweater comes in 3 other colours. It's thick cotton yarn and I love it. I tried a solid ivory version of this sweater back in December, but I haven't been able to find it on the website.

Ripplestitch Sweater In Stripe (similar here or here)

Swing Sweater size S fits large. I might try an XS for a more fitted look. It's a bit shapeless for my taste, but it's soft and comfortable.

Swing Sweater (similar here or here)

Liquid Silk Skirt has been popular on various blogs. It's pretty, and so is the fabric, but it's not something I am comfortable wearing. This one is size 2 and byzantine blue colour. It was priced $29.99 in the store minus 40% -- and as of today it is minus 50% in the store, so you do the math! The shoes are the Drea Patent Peep Toe Pumps (size 8) I blogged about in the post below.

Liquid Silk Skirt (similar here)
 Drea Patent Peep Toe Pumps

The 40% off final items sale is still going on through Wednesday Jan. 25th at J. Crew. Use code OURTREAT. Popular items still available:
Cafe trouser in wool (IRL photo of the maraschino cherry here)

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh those are fabulous toothpicks and I love the shape of the Valentinas but I'm not so keen on the print. Hmm bright orange trews, would I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was done with the final sale but they keep luring me back...those jeans are a fabulous color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T., I think you can pull them off, if anyone. :)

    Sue, we always get sucked in, don't we? Yes, they are very bright!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.