Sunday, January 29, 2012

J. Crew New Arrivals

J. Crew is enticing us with new colourful arrivals in an attempt to get us out of the winter doldrums and get out there shopping. The website got a make-over as well, and opinions on it are divided. I have no complaints about it. White always showcases products better by offering more contrast.

I am scrolling through the new arrivals and am filling up my shopping bag wishlist, looking at casual items only for now. First item I pick since I already tried it on in the store and know it fits TTS is the Cotton Waffle Pullover. I could have it in all the four colours it comes in. :)


I stop briefly at the Denim Western Shirt. I say briefly because I just saw the Banana Republic's  Soft-Wash Denim Shirt last week and it's priced much better. It also is very nicely made, and with a 40% coupon just around the corner at BR, it is so much more affordable.


Another stop at the Contrast Stripe Tee. I like the neon peach pink version.  

Contrast Stripe Tee

Toothpick Jean in Garment-Dyed Twill. I tried the bright papaya version here. The colour is much brighter in real life, as you can see from my photo.

Toothpick Jean in Garment-Dyed Twill

9" Chino Shorts. I'll want them in every white and/or khaki colour for walks at the beach.

 9" Chino Shorts

I will have to compare them to the Summerweight Chino Shorts which have a 10" inseam to decide which look better. 

Summerweight Chino Shorts

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double Serge Cotton. This can be either casual or dressy, so I put it in the 'casual' category for now. I tried the warm jade in the store (photo here) and loved it, but would love to have the light rose instead.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double Serge Cotton

Baby Brompton in vibrant coral for a pop of colour. See IRL photos of the Brompton Mini Hobo in the same colour here.

Baby Brompton

These are a few of my new arrival favourites. Which ones are yours? Please share.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rose, I like your picks.
    I'm eyeing up the Tillary Tote, and I like the blue and the warm sienna. I'd love to get my paws on it to test out how big/heavy it is.
    I like the jacquard keyhole blouse, the striped crepe de chine blouse in the black/ivory and the cotton pencil skirt in black. I could really use a navy cotton pencil skirt so I'm looking at the superfine cotton in the suiting section, the No2 doesn't come in navy sadly.
    That Banana denim shirt is a nice shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the reviews! I saw the BR denim shirt too, and I immediately thought that was a (wallet friendly) option to JC's.

    I have both the 9" Chino and Summerweight Shorts from last year. The 9" Chino's fit TTS and the Summerweight ones are def. roomier, so size down 1. I didn't notice much difference in the inseams, but the Chino ones are made with a much heavier fabric, don't drape as well. Like them both, and will probably pick up a couple pairs in the seasonal colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani - I highly recommend the navy superfine cotton pencil skirt. I wear mine constantly throughout the summer and it is definitely one of my lowest cost-per-wear purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dani! Thanks for visiting! I like the jacquard keyhole blouse as well. I kept that for my 'dressy' look post, if I get to write one... Can't go wrong with a pencil skirt, although looking at my closet I am not sure they are getting enough wear.

    CC, the BR short is definitely a favourite of mine too! Thanks for the tips on the chinos.

    Caitlin, thanks for visiting! I tend to wear skirts a lot more in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.