Monday, January 30, 2012

Crewlet Reviews - January

I've taken these photos more than a week ago, but haven't had the time to post them. I only grabbed the few things I thought looked really nice in the store, as I was in a little bit of a hurry.

First I was drawn to the Factory Cavalry Twill Blazer. It looked nicely made and the fabric seemed good quality, and when I checked the label, it said 'cotton/linen.' I am wearing size 4 in 'dark pewter,' but there is also a light coloured one called 'salt,' which is more of an ivory. The skirt is the factory version of the Vineyard Pencil Skirt, which I never did get last year. The fabric is polyester (45%), cotton (33%), nylon (17%), spandex (5%), with an acetate lining. The skirt is also size 4 and it fits a bit large. I didn't see a size 2 to try on for comparison.

 

Factory Double-Serge Pencil Skirt size 2 in 'brilliant blue' fits like the No. 2 Pencil Skirts in Double-Serge Cotton from JC that I tried before. It's a lovely, deep shade of blue.


The last skirt I tried on at the outlet store was the Factory Printed Pencil Skirt size 4 and 'wisteria multi.'  No size 2 available, but the 4 fitted comfortably. It's an abstract floral, and I like it even better than the new gardenshade floral from the regular B&M Store.

Factory Printed Pencil Skirt  (more floral skirts here, here or here)

Have you been to the crewlet lately? Have you seen these skirts? What did you think of them?



6 comments:

  1. The factory wool pencil skirts were amazing this winter, they were well made, fit great, and came in beautiful colors. I'm hoping the spring skirts are just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! I am guessing you will like the spring stock as well! These pieces were quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue pencil skirt looks similar to the retail version of the cotton double-serge pencil that came out a few years back, when J.Crew was still into muted tones. The color of yours is much nicer than any they offered at the time.

    I had a scarf in the wisteria multi pattern. It was so pretty but too much yellow near my face. Thank goodness for ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was the fit of the blue factory double serge skirt? TTS? Did it pouf out at the belly area any because of the pleats? I'm interesting in ordering 1 or 2 because it has pockets - pockets! - but am hesitant because of the above concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also - loving the colors on the print skirt. It looks like it'd pair well with many things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. xoxo, thanks! I just noticed your comment. It must have been before my JC addiction. :)

    Diana Draw, the skirt fits TTS.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.