Friday, January 27, 2012

Colourful Gap

In two of my earlier posts (here and here) I was talking about how colourful the Gap store seems to be these days. And it got even brighter still. I walked in there at lunchtime today and saw more colourful spring clothes:


I had seen the photo of the Cropped Peacoat in 'tomato' colour on the website, and it finally made it to the local store. I grabbed size M because the shoulders seemed a bit narrow, but it fit a bit large. It's made of cotton, has a pretty colourful lining, and it's also machine washable. I love that!

 
Cropped Peacoat (more red coats here, here or here)

A second colourful, cheerful jacket was the Short Duffle Jacket size S. It's all cotton and machine washable too.

 
Short Duffle Jacket (more yellow coats here, here or here)

The Pleated Trench Coat (size S) reminds me of J. Crew's Encore Trench. It has pleats that add volume and give it the flared look. I liked the feel of the fabric (cotton/nylon). The best part is that it's machine washable. Another alternative you may prefer is the Mac Jacket. IRL photos here for the 'pomegranate juice' colour. The light colour is on sale right now.

 
Pleated Trench Coat (more trench coats here or here)

I liked the look of the Striped Colorblock Tee size S, but I didn't care for its poly content. The other colour scheme is dark/light grey with blue.
 
 Striped Colorblock Tee (similar tops here, here or here)

I tried the Printed Boatneck Sweater (size S) on a previous occasion, but the photo came out all blurry, so here it is again in paisley pink and black. It also comes in yellow and red. The red seems to be an in-store only choice. I could have fitted in an XS, but then the sleeves would have been too tight.
 

More colourful things I didn't try on:


Soft Lace-Up Oxfords (suede) come in fuchsia, light pink and blue.
Rain Boots - 4 colours
Neon City flats (all leather)
Colorblock Tote

The Gap is offering another 30% discount with the code GAPFUN until tomorrow. Ebates is offering 2% on Gap purchases.

Some of the items that hit sale:

1969 lightweight supersoft always skinny jeans (IRL photos here)
Mac Jacket (IRL photo here)
Boatneck buttoned sweater
Enamel button cardigan
Shirred raglan T
Chiffon-trim long-sleeve striped T

Hope you are all having a great start of the weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Adore the yellow short duffel jacket!! Color is here to stay!

    Psst I have a Giveaway I think you will love!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beyond excited that Gap is carrying cute stuff again! I've already purchased the Bright Ponte Blazer in the bright pink color and the Colorblock Striped Tee that you tried on. I really want to get my hands on a pair of their Sexy Boyfriend jeans. I'm hoping for some good discounts and sales in the future so I can pick up a few more goodies. I found their fits to be a lot more flattering than in the past year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That short duffle jacket is adorable- so "paddington bear"! I may have to check that out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karena, it is a nice colour and fabric! Sorry, your contest is US only so I can't enter.

    Miss August, I think we share the excitement! Lots of nice things are popping up there!

    thatdamngreendress, please do and share your pics as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.