Monday, January 2, 2012

Anthro Reviews - January (I) & An Award

Last week while I ventured Anthro during the 50% off sale, I also took the opportunity to try on some of the new items, or items I haven't tried before, such as the Tried & True Top size S, coral colour. The colour of this top is not as bright as I see it on the monitor, but brighter than I see it on the website. I loved it belted with the Dashed Beads Belt.

 

A fun piece for around the house or a walk at the beach (yep, I'm moving close to one next month) is the Madero Hoodie size S and blue colour. I wanted to try on the red one (it's actually orange), but no size S was available in that colour.

 
Madero Hoodie (similar here or here)

Another hoodie was the Kick Back Hoodie size XS. This one fits huge and I don't like its shape.

 
Kick Back Hoodie  (similar here, here or here)

Next was the Two Harbors Pullover. This was an interesting piece. The front and sleeves are a knit material, while the back is silk. A bit too floaty for my taste, but I liked it belted. I am trying on an XS here, and usually I take an S in Anthro sweaters or tops.

 

Not sure how long the Woodland Haze Top has been around, but this was the first I've seen it in the store.  The SAs seem to move the stock about the store floor, so going there means discovering new things all the time. I am trying on size S. It's pretty, but it's see-through.


I was able to get this for a steal during the Anthro sale:

Peppering Skirt (see it on AppGal here)

Some of my favourite new arrivals are:
OperaRach of the ShOperaRach blog awarded me the Liebster Blog award.Thank you, OperaRach! :)


Liebster means "dearest" in German. This award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
The award has these stipulations:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your 5 blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you have sent the award to will forward it to their favourite bloggers.

So my 5 blog picks are:

I Love J. Crew
The Delightful Find
I Dream Of Anthropologie
The Chic Chauffeur
My Closet Travels

Have a great week, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the pics and reviews, Rose! The Peppering skirt looks fantastic on you...congrats on such a great score! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tried and true top. Really flattering - a good alternative to the Blythe I think. Yay for the peppering skirt - it was so affordable during the 50% off - I think I'm keeping mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Madero hoodie looks very beachy indeed and how nice that you are moving close to one soon. I like the peppering skirt on you, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, FFM! It was a great score.

    OperaRach, I was on the fence about getting it, but can't go wrong with under $25.

    xoxo, thanks! Yeah, looking forward to many seawall walks, even though the move's been delayed several times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it weird that i totally want the kick-back hoodie? I can eat all day in it and no one will be with wiser!

    http://www.etsystalkers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.