Friday, December 9, 2011

Talbots Coats

As promised in a previous post, here are the newest coats I found at Talbots. It's timely given they are having a 40% off sale going on right now. First I saw and tried on the Chateau Plush Coat in the 'brown sugar' colour. This is a size 6 regular. No smaller size in regular in the store, which is my usual size in coats, so I have nothing to compare it with. It's a bit roomy, and would like to try size 4 for comparison. I love the length (I am 5'9 1/2" here) and the nice flaring at the bottom. The sleeves are just a bit long on me. It's a wool/nylon blend 80/20.

 
Chateau Plush Coat (similar here, here or here)

This colour coat does nothing for my skin tone though, so I tend to stay away from it unless it's a bottom. I asked the SA if it comes in any other colours as well, and she shows me the 'crimson' one. Can I say that I loved, loved, loved this colour? It's gorgeous in real life. Also a size 6, it has the same problem as the one above. So I think if my size 6 J. Crew Flared Perfect Coat which is being shipped right now doesn't pan out again, I am seriously considering this one in its place. I should also mention that it also comes in black as well as a grey called 'nickel heather,' but these colours were not available in the store.


Next I noticed a cute peacoat called the Marmount Patch-Pocket Peacoat With Full Lining. It's size 4P, and it fits nicely in the shoulders, but it's short otherwise. I found the 4 pockets a little bit of an overkill. It also has a long pleat at the back which I didn't like either.

 
(similar here, here or here)

Lastly, I also came across the Grace Fit Double-Faced Wool Jacket. This one is also size 6 and crimson colour. It's unlined, but lining is not really needed because of the double-faced wool. It's a bit roomy for me, and would prefer to try a size 4. It's extremely soft, and it looks and feels luxurious.

Grace Fit Double-Faced Wool Jacket (similar here or here)


New arrivals 'likes:'
And not so new ones:
Thanks for visiting and have a great Friday, everyone! 



5 comments:

  1. I love the double-faced wool jacket. I saw it on Dinster/1 More Shopping Blog. Talbots does red so well. The 1st coat is great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the double-faced jacket as well. The shape is nice and it makes me think warm cozy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red coat is fantastic, I think you should get it. I can't believe that the sleeves are long on you, at 5'9". Fit models must have crazy long arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me three on the double-faced wool jacket...very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi gigi! I tried the long double-faced wool coat, but this is the first for the jacket.

    Lisa & My4Boys, the jacket is gorgeous. Hope you have the chance to see it IRL.

    Sue: I was 5'9 1/2" in heels there... Otherwise I am only 5'6". :) Also the coat is one size bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.