Monday, December 19, 2011

J. Crew - Mid December & Madewell Sale

It is sort of mid December because my visit was on Saturday, but it's taken me this long to post. I had to pick up my re-ordered Flared Perfect Coat at my friend's house and then I promptly returned it to the store. I was sad, but this coat just didn't work for me. So with the help of a very nice SA I ordered the Double-Cloth Envelope Coat in vibrant flame colour! Yes, I did. I figured if I wanted to wear salmon pink, vibrant flame in a coat is no that much more daring, is it? See my earlier post about this coat in the navy colour here. I figured it would be a much more practical coat for when I travel.

Once in the store, I grabbed a few items, among them the Hacking Jacket In Tipped Double-Serge Wool size 4. This fitted me well across the shoulders and the sleeve length was right too. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt In Double-Serge Wool bright violet, size 2.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt In Double-Serge Wool (similar here)

Here are a few more pics of the Mona Patent Pumps. I am trying on size 8 1/2, half a size larger than my regular shoe size, and you can tell they are too long for me. So I asked the SA to bring me a size 8 to try on (scroll to the red ones).

 
 
 
 Mona Patent Pumps  (similar here, here or here)

Underneath the Hacking Jacket In Tipped Double-Serge Wool I am trying on the Perfect Shirt In Royal Paisley size 2. This shirt is still full price online (30% off with the code SNOWMAN until the end of Tuesday), but only $39.99 minus 30% in stores. At $28, how could I resist a silk/cotton shirt? I ended up buying a size 4 as I didn't like the gaping between the 3rd and the 4th button. I also figured the shirt will shrink a bit in the wash too. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Bright Violet, an in-store item only (size 2).


In my search for coats, I tried one that wasn't there on my last visit. It's the Double-Cloth Metro Coat in heather caramel and size 4. This coat fitted me perfectly in the shoulders and waist, except I would prefer it to be 2 inches longer. I am almost 5'6" without heels, for reference. The red Mona Patent Pumps in poppy colour are size 8, my regular shoe size. See the regular leather Mona Pumps which I blogged about before hereThis time around I was trying shoes earlier in the day, and I think my feet were not so swollen, so size 8 patent pump fitted OK.

 
 
 

I also tried on the Stripe Sweater-Dress size S. It's nice and soft, and would look great with a pair of navy opaque tights in my opinion. The neckline could have been tighter. Since it's not, I would add a very thin turtleneck underneath the dress.

 
Stripe Sweater-Dress (more striped sweater dresses here, here or here)

I have more things to review, but in a future post. See also CC's reviews here.

J. Crew has extended the 30% off sale on more day, through Tuesday December 20. Surprised? Here are some of my favourites:

Moss Shearling Coat (it's nice to dream, isn't it?)

And while I was writing this, I noticed Madewell is offering 30% off plus free shipping on Tuesday, December 20. I figured I should bring up some of my favourite items up again:

Silk Cargo Shirt
Alexa Chung for Madewell Penny Shirt (all silk)
Silk Mosswood Shirt
Silk Leaflet Blouse 
Chambray Sunset Ex-Boyfriend Shirt
Silk Bookmark Blouse 
Alexa Chung for Madewell Risky Business Striped Shirt (all silk)
Share With... Le Minor Dip-Dye Tee (8 colourways)
Striped V-Neck Pocket Tee
Share With...Le Minor Dip-Dye Hoodie
Regiment Skirt
Great Lawn Sweaterskirt (all wool)
Lamppost Sweaterdress (all wool)
Firelight Pencil Skirt
Velvet Parallels Tank (all silk)
Keynote Shirtdress (all cotton)
Flutterfall Skirt (all silk) 
Sweater Blazer (all wool)
Birmingham Jacket
Alexa Chung for Madewell It's All Happening Denim Trousers

Egyptomaniac of the Egyptomaniac The Shopping Maniac blog awarded me the Liebster Blog award.Thank you, Egyptomaniac! :)



Liebster means "dearest" in German. This award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
The award has these stipulations:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your 5 blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you have sent the award to will forward it to their favourite bloggers.

So my 5 blog picks are:
 

Hope everyone is having a good beginning of the week! Only a few more days 'til Christmas!




13 comments:

  1. What a high elegant arch you have Rose!
    I love the shoes and that skirt and I'm all for bright coats, I would love a red coat. I'm keeping my eye out on the JCA exchange for a majesty peacoat in size 4, I think I've finally worked out my jacket/coat size, I have too many where lifting my arms and reaching for anything causes my seams to burst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that sweater dress. It's very comfortable. The bright Monas look good. I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sexy pair of shoes. I normally search online shoe stores to check new designs and pick up which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of the great reviews...love those orange Mona pumps. Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reviews! I love the Metro on you. I'm def. stalking the coats once they hit supersale in Jan/Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. T., thanks! It's a curse, actually. I have a hard time finding shoes that fit properly.

    Hi gigi! LOVE those shoes, but still can't justify their price. :)

    Thanks, Sandra, and thanks for visiting!

    Jess, My4Boys, they are lovely, aren't they?

    CC, I know you will be. :) Hopefully there will be any left to buy. I might snatch one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose - I'm SOOOOO delighted to get the award! Thank you! Your posts have been wonderful help and this one has me drooling over the warm red Mona pumps. Not sure I can wear anything higher than 3 inch heels unless there's a platform. Also, do you think they will work for wide feet (in the toe box area)?

    ReplyDelete
  10. tiffany rose, you are very welcome, and thanks very much. I wear a size 8M and these fitted me well. I think they might also stretch a bit. This would be a good time to order them since they are not final sale, so you can return if they don't fit.

    And thought I'd mention that the deleted posts were spammers. It seems their number increases this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Rose! First of all...thank you so much! I always love to read your reviews and little reminders of sales at my two favorites, JCrew and Madewell. Happy holidays!
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rose, congrats on the blog award! I always tune in to see the latest discoveries on your shopping adventures. I'm delighted you thought of me for the award, too.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.