Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Banana Republic - Early December

On the weekend I accompanied my friend to the mall for some Christmas shopping. Knowing that BR had some new arrivals, I had to pop in there briefly to check some out. This Sequin Swirl Shell really caught my eye when I entered the store. It has sequins that are more subdued than what I have seen in terms of sequins from other retailers. So I knew I had to try it on. That said, it proved to be harder than I thought. Only very few sizes were left in the store. This one is a 6P, which would be a 4 regular, my usual size for BR tops. It has  a size zipper the zips from top to bottom, so it is very easy to take off and put on. However, the execution of this beautiful top is terrible. The sequins felt very scratchy and extremely uncomfortable, and I'm not one to complain (much) for fashion. The skirt is so new, it's not even on the website yet. All I can say is that it has side pockets and it's a size 4 (same as the white skirt in the previous post, but higher than the pencil skirts form BR and JC). It would be a great piece for a holiday party.

 
 Sequin Swirl Shell (similar here or here)

Draped Low Back Top size 4 also has the same kind of lateral zipper. It feels nice on, even though I don't care much for the fibre content.

 

Another holiday item was the Sequin Knit Blazer size 2. I am usually size 4 in BR blazers, but this one fits generously. Again, same idea as the top of having less sparkly sequins. It looks really nice under the lights, but unfortunately I cannot capture that with my camera.

 Sequin Knit Blazer (similar here, here or here)

Another sweater(dress) is the Lurex Stripe Sweater. I am wearing size S in taupe heather. It's way too short for me to wear as a dress, but it's quite long for a sweater. I tried something similar last visit at BR here. I was too lazy to get a belt and see how it looked belted over jeans or pants, but I guess it would be an improvement. Shorter ladies can definitely wear this as a dress.


This Textured Coat was also new. I am wearing the gray melange size S. It's comfortable enough in the shoulders, even though I am wearing the Lady Lace Popover underneath.


 
Textured Coat (light grey coats here, here or here)

Other items worth noting at BR:

Hope your week has started smoothly.








3 comments:

  1. Ooh I am digging the sequin blazer. I've kind of been wanting one forever but can't think of a good reason of why. But soooo pretty ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi tricia! It's beautiful, but too bad it's so scratchy.

    Hi Lisa! It's way nicer IRL. My new bberry camera is the pits.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.