Thursday, December 1, 2011

Anthropologie - Early December (I)

Here are a few new Anthro picks that grabbed me on my last couple of visits. After I took another long look at the Beaded Felt Pencil Skirt (which leaves me breathless each time I see it), I did a quick tour of the store. Quick is a relative word once you enter the Anthro world, though, isn't it? There are so many things to see there, it's hard to walk away quickly. The Nolana Skirt looked like fun. It was draped on a mannequin right at the entrance, with the  Beaded Bib Tank and Tapered Eyelet Belt. The skirt is size 2 and the top is XS, while the belt is M. I didn't see a size S to try. The top is a size smaller than I usually wear.


The Scalloped Pencil Skirt (size 2) I saw on a previous visit. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it is layers of scalloped ruffles with unfinished edges. The fit is quite tight on me. Note the side vent on it.

 

The top below looked like a fun piece if you wanted a bit of shine. It's the Pinnate Shimmer Shell size S. It has a pretty silver metallic thread embroidery.

 

And paired with the Beaded Felt Pencil Skirt, I noticed the Angled Boucle Cardigan. It's soft and warm, but has a lot of synthetic fibres in it. It is also more cropped at the back than in the front. This is my regular size cardigans (S).

I loved the colour and the shape of the Alamosa Sweater Dress (size S, crimson). I prefer it belted, but the belt size M I grabbed is too loose. It is made of an acrylic/nylon/mohair/wool/cotton yarn, with a modal lining.

 
 
Similar belt here or here

Other lovelies I noted at Anthro (the store and the website):
On my wishlist for when they go on sale are:

I think they can make great Christmas gifts for anyone!

Have a lovely Friday and hope to get to the rest of the photos this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I love Anthro's kitchen stuff, especially those beautiful measuring cups and spoons... actually, I want it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I can spend half the time looking at the home wares (bath stuff included).

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.