Sunday, December 11, 2011

Anthro Reviews & Sale

Earlier today CC of One Too Many Closets and I took a trip to Anthro to check the sale out. Shortly after 11 a.m. (store opening time) the store filled quickly. Loads of sale items were spread about the place. I took a few things with me to try on, among them the Luisa Cropped Peacoat size M. Medium is larger than I usually take in jackets and cardigans. There was no size S in the store in this colour, and the XS was too tight on me. This jacket is currently priced at $49.95 minus 30%, so you do the math.

Underneath I am wearing the Michelia Peasant Blouse size 0, a size smaller than I usually wear in tops, so you may have to size down for this one. This top is quite flattering to the figure, although the slit at the front is quite low cut. I didn't notice until later the fabric make. The second coat in navy is a size S. It fitted OK, but the cropped part is what I couldn't get over. It is really short and boxy.

 Luisa Cropped Peacoat (size M)(similar here)
 
 Luisa Cropped Peacoat (size S)(similar here or here)

In the second photo I am trying the top with the Stitched Perimeter Belt size S. I blogged about this belt on several occasions (here, here and here). Currently it is on sale for $29.95 minus 30%. I got a lot of wear out of mine, so this time I snagged the black one. I chose size M because I can wear over thicker items. The S would have worked only over thin tops.

 

Another item on sale is the Linea Cropped Cardigan, which I blogged about here before. The skirt is the Firelight Skirt (see it on me here). The cardigan is on sale for $29.95 minus 30% as well. I have this in the ivory colour, and love it because it is comfy and warm. The skirt was on sale for $49.95 before discount.

Firelight Skirt (similar here or here)

Here I am trying the same cardigan with the Colorblocked Sweater Skirt size S, my size in skirts most of the time. It seems everyone is selling colorblocked items, and Anthro is no exception. This skirt is all wool, and it is currently full-priced.

 

Other items I noticed on sale in our store:
Of course these are just a few only that I could remember. All this shopping and trying on clothes left CC and me hungry, so we hit Thierry's for lunch.

Hope you have a great start of the week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love. I love the peasant blouse on you.

    You've been given a blog award! Check out my POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it too, CC! Too bad it's poly!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.