Monday, November 14, 2011

Talbots Sweater Dress & Sale

Sweater Dress

 Talbots Turtleneck Sweater Dress (currently on sale)
(similar here, here, here, here or here)
Tommy Hilfiger Black Suede Belt (similar here, here or here)
J. Crew Resin & Rhinestone Link Bracelet (bangle style here)
J. Crew Kirtley Tote (similar here)
J. Crew Tights (similar here or here)
J. Crew Martine Booties (similar here or here)

This sweater dress is extremely comfortable. I was able to snatch it in both blue ribbon and shadow heather colourways at the end of last year's season, but I see they are still offered now. Mine is a size S petite. I chose petite because it was a bit shorter than the regular sizes. I am 5'6", for reference (5'91/2" in heels). I have worn mine all day and I see no wrinkles or bulges anywhere, so it's maintaining its shape nicely.

The 30% off sale is still going on at Talbots through tonight. It is a good deal if you were eyeing something from the new arrivals/full-priced items. Some more of my favourites from these are posted below. I blogged about this sale here before.


Have a great beginning of the week, everyone!







9 comments:

  1. I love that sweater dress. It's a great color and looks so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great color! I snagged the gray in the Spring, and forgot about it over the summer, so it was a nice surprise when it was time to change closets for the new season. May need to lose a few lbs before mine looks that nice :) Love it belted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love sweater dresses for winter. this one is great color

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweater dress is a winter must have! I love this one it's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of sweater dresses! Quick q - do you find that the dress sticks to your tights at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, Wendy, just me, triciathomas: I love this dress too! The grey is also a great neutral.

    Jess: thanks, got them on clearance from JC last season.

    Lisa, it's easy to dress in these -- for those mornings when I don't have the luxury to waste time coordinating outfits. I didn't find the dress to cling on at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK--just coming back to say this post inspired me to wear my dress in gray today, and I am loving it! Tried it with my black patent belt, but also wanted to wear my (imitation) Drusy necklace with it, and the necklace won out. Added houndstooth gray/black tights, and patent black pumps. Thanks for the inspriaton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, that sounds great! Are you going to post a photo of your outfit?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.