Thursday, November 10, 2011

Talbots - November

Stopping at Talbots on my way home, I finally got the chance to try on the dress I noticed on my previous visit. It is called the Audrey Dress (size 4). The top fitted right on, while the skirt was large. The belt is not part of the dress. It is size S and fits large too. This is a dress that will make you want to go out dancing.

Audrey Dress (similar here or a black/white sheath here)
Black Patent Belt (more belts here, here or here)

The second item I wanted to try on was this really long Accordion Pleat Skirt size 4. There are no sizes 2 in the store. This skirt is fitting larger than the dress above, and it is very long. I am over 6 feet in these shoes, for reference. This type skirt seems to be very popular this year. I found many alternatives to the Talbots one in the links provided. The top is Ballroom Floral Swing-Pleat Top also size 4. I am not crazy about the fabric (poly), but I liked the side zipper, as well as the look of the top with the skirt. I saw the same zipper on the Overtime Necktie Top In Bird's Eye Tweed from J. Crew.


New was the Kate Fit Velveteen Jacket. This is a size 4 and fits right on. The colour I have on is called 'vixen,' but it comes in 9 other great colours. The fabric is cotton with a hint of spandex.


I noticed a lot of new colourful pants, tops and jackets in Talbots, and I will make sure to try some on soon. The silk/wool Signature Fit Dupioni Pants were looking quite hot.

Thanks for visiting and have a great Thursday!


4 comments:

  1. That vixen color is smashing. I'd really have to bone up on my moves if I were to even think about going ballroom dancing...I love the Audrey Dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talbots promo starts tomorrow, 30% off everything! Email doesn't say till when though. Oh, they even have a door crasher special... Charming cardi for $25 till 11AM :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, it's beautiful. Me, too. I'm a bit rusty.

    CC: yes, I got the e-mail too, but I am behaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Audrey dress is beautiful on you, would be wonderful for a fox trot or a waltz!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.