Thursday, November 24, 2011

J. Crew Flared Perfect Coat

I was able to finally get my hands on the Flared Perfect Coat and the No. 2 Pencil Skirt In Harvest Tweed. The coat fabric is unbelievably soft and plush (wool/alpaca), and the colour is just beautiful! Unfortunately, it is too small for me. I am wearing a size 4 here and you can tell how tight it would be if I buttoned it all the way up. I could get away with wearing it unbuttoned, but that would defeat its purpose. See this coat on audreybella here.

The skirt, on the other hand, was not a surprise. It is the same fabric as the Cafe Capri In Harvest Tweed (olive mint) I blogged about here before. 

 
 
Flared Perfect Coat (similar colour coat here)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt In Harvest Tweed (one in an identical fabric here

Unfortunately the coat will be a return for me. It would fit a regular size 4, but since I have a bigger torso than most, this is too small for me. E-mail me if you are interested in having it before it goes back. All but size 8 are sold out on the website.

I also got the Clea Dress in heather charcoal and the Biennial Satchel in red, and hope to review them tomorrow. 


7 comments:

  1. Aww that's too bad about the coat, since (as you say) it's so soft and that colour is right up your alley. Yay for the skirt tho! Can't wait to see your other reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Closet Crisis, too bad about the coat, but the skirt looks great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I hope you can find one again!! It's such a great colour on you (no stores have it in stock?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning, if I could afford it just now I would snap it it off you, what an unusual colour and it looks amazing with that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CC, rynetta PhD, I so wanted the coat to work out for me! I should stick to what I can try 'live' in the store from now on.

    thatdamngreendress, I will try talking to the PS to see what she suggests.

    T., the photos don't really capture its beauty properly. I chose the skirt because of the coat. Go figure. :|

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great coat, it reminds me of the trench in heather salmon from 2009 which I bought and treasure!
    I am really looking forward to your reviews of the Clea and the Biennial satchel. I am hoping the heather charcoal fabric is not as itchy as the vermont pine was for me!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.