Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Heart Me & The Minimalist

I didn't buy much into the Heart Me Sweater craze when it first appeared. After reading mixed reviews about it, I decided I should wait until I could see this in person. As it happens, the colours in it are a perfect match for my No. 2 Pencil Skirt In Harvest Tweed I got earlier on a promo. Personally, I didn't like it styled with the Blythe Silk Shirt in neon azalea the way it was modeled in the store and on the website. This sweater is as much of a traffic stopper, but I find it more versatile than the silk blouse. The colour of the heart is more of a peach colour than I see on the website.


The sweater is sold out online, but there are plenty around in stores.  I know that the Seattle UVillage and Bellevue Square stores have all three colours left but very few in size S, which is the one I am wearing. The skirt is my regular pencil skirt size from J. Crew. I thought this would have a similar thickness as the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Vintage Tweed I got earlier this fall, but I was wrong. The fabric is much thinner, so I will be able to wear it well into the spring or even in the summer.

The second sweater I grabbed was the Mockneck Minimalist Sweater in dark eggplant and size S. I wanted a top to wear with the Royal Paisley Pencil Skirt, but again, I didn't want a blouse. Since 9-10 months of the year I live in sweaters, I find them more versatile than blouses. I blogged about the Colorblock Minimalist sweater here before. This is the solid version, but the yarn and the construction are the same as the colorblock one. The wool is very soft and quite thick, and didn't find it itchy at all. I blogged about this skirt here before.


The 25% discount on $150+ purchases is still going on until Sunday midnight. If you are not shopped out yet, check out the following as well:
I also paid a very short visit to the Madewell store where I grabbed the Alexa Chung for Madewell Risky Business Striped Shirt in the blue colorway. I had seen this on a previous visit, but I thought $135 for a blouse was way overpriced. This time around it was only $39.99, which proves it pays to be patient. The blouse is a gorgeous silk satin charmeuse and it fits TTS. Mine is a size S.


 Hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend!




9 comments:

  1. It's darling the way you have the heart me sweater paired with the harvest tweed. Is there really hope for the sweater? Did you find the knit itchy and cheap feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart outfits, the heart sweater really suits you, it does bad things to the more heavily endowed girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfits! I love the heart sweater with the Harvest Tweed Pencil Skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combination with the tweed! Great colours, and I am in awe of your striped top find. I wish we had better stores here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic scores! And love how you worked the sweaters with your new skirts! The purple sweater/paisley skirt is my fave! Getting excited about my trip south next week. There may even be new items eh? A girl can hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. tiffany rose: I didn't think the sweater is itchy or cheap feeling at all.

    T.: I agree, I tried the navy/green one and I couldn't believe how huge I looked. :D

    rynettaPhD & thatdamngreendress: thank you! I like it too. The tweed has both of the colours of the sweaters in it.

    CC: thanks! I like both skirts equally! No kidding... I can imagine. Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I'm just now hearing good things about the heart me sweater and of course it is sold out online ;(

    ReplyDelete
  8. tiffany rose, ask a personal shopper to find one for you in a store. They still have them. Soon enough they will be re-appearing on the website once the stores clear them out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reviews. Great idea pairing the heart skirt with that sweater. I wasn't interested in either until I saw how cute this is on you.
    The Risky Business Shirt looks very shiny online.
    How is it IRL?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.