Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas At Anthropologie

The other day when I visited Anthro, I noticed a few Christmas decorations. They have just started to trickle into the store, I've been told. I have to admit that I have never seen decorations from Anthro before, as the Vancouver store has only opened earlier this year. I was surprised to see how different they are than your regular department store ones. I really liked these delicate snowflakes, for example. They were on a table close to the entrance (not that it matters, as they might already be moved by now), and really caught my eye.


So of course when I got home, I took a look at the decorations on their website and fell in love with a few more, like this little guy here:


Or this other one here (who doesn't like the hedgehog?):

Vintage Glass Hedgehog Ornament (another hedgehog here)

And my most favourite, but in the green colourway (there are three):

Mottled Mirrored Ornament

I think they are quite different and whimsical looking. It almost makes me want to decorate a tree, even though I will be in the middle of a move and of a Christmas vacation. Maybe for next year...

Speaking of shifting merchandise around, I have never seen this done so often in any other stores. Each time I go there I discover new things which I am being told have been in the store a while, but somehow they seem to escape me. Has it happened to you too? Or am I just lost in space half the time?

Peppermint Stick Wreath

 Will you be decorating a tree this year? 

Have a great weekend, everyone!







9 comments:

  1. Already!?!?! Oh, I love those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... so cute!!! I have an obsession with Anthropologie's Christmas ornaments. I only allow myself one or two new one's a year. I think those snowflakes are precious.

    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think I might put the tree up earlier this year, we normally put it up on Christmas Eve German style but I think I want the cheeriness of it around longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fun, Rose. We have always had an animal theme for our trees, so I would go for Mr. Hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodness- I am not ready to consider Christmas yet, but the stores are beginning to pipe in the music, and that hedgehog is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kristin: I think they are a bit late. Department stores have had them since after the Cdn. Thanksgiving around here. :)

    Shannon, I just discovered them, but they sure are pretty... pricey too.

    T., yes, I recall in EU they do that. Here it's more like December 1.

    Sue & thadamngreendress, I love the little hedgehog! I might get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the snowflakes, very pretty. The owl would be perfect for our country house, there are owls that we hear hooting to each other in early morning every few days.

    We haven't finalized our plans yet for this year but there will be at least one tree to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. xoxo: I used to have a pair of barn owls where I lived before. It was the cutest sight to look out the kitchen window and see them perched on top of the garden poles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also like those snow flakes, they are so nice and delicate and I think they make the perfect Christmas accessory! Your have an awesome blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.