Friday, November 18, 2011

Anthro Reviews - Mid November (I)

I got word that my favourite skirt from the November catalog was finally in the store, so of course I had to stop there on my way home. But before getting to the skirt, I came across the Twinkle Lights Skirt. I am trying size 4. The sequins are very colourful and much more shiny than I see them on my monitor. They also fall off quite easily. After I took the skirt off, I noticed a couple of sequins on the floor. The top is a lovely ivory colour size S, item #23397854, but it doesn't show up on the website yet. It's a bit low cut and quite sheer, but the lace embroidery is beautiful.

 
Twinkle Lights Skirt (more sequin skirts here, here or here)

Next I tried on the Flickering Slip Dress, size 4. This dress is smaller on top than any size 4 dresses I have tried, so if you have broader shoulders or a larger chest, regular size will not do. It is made of a beautiful nude colour silk and has a side zipper. The front and the back upper part are made of a pretty beaded mesh. All that said, it felt like I was wearing a nightgown, not a dress. The cardigan was the Orchard House Cardigan size M and pink colour. I am usually an S in cardigans, but this is a small fitting one, so you may need to size up. I would have probably overlooked this had I not seen it in real life. It doesn't look like much on the website, but it is a very soft, pretty cardigan. One minus is that the arms are quite skinny.

 

And lastly (for now) is the Beaded Felt Pencil Skirt. I tried both sizes 2 and 4 (top and bottom pics). Size 2 fitted TTS, but for some length, I would get a 4 so that it sits lower on the waist. And it will sit lower because this skirt is extremely heavy. I am talking 3 pounds, at least. Still, it is very beautiful. The plus is that the back doesn't have the beads and sequin work, so you can sit in it comfortably. See this skirt on Roxy here.

 Beaded Felt Pencil Skirt (more beaded skirts here or here

I have a few more things to review in my next post.

Have a great end of the week, everyone!




3 comments:

  1. Ah the last skirt is a beauty, I can't believe it weighs that much, are you going to get it for the festive season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, T.! Definitely not getting it. With my lifestyle, it would not receive the much deserved attention, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the Beaded Felt pencil skirt is stunning and it looks so lovely on you Rose! Could you possibly wear it to a holiday party if you were able to get it on sale? It seems like a piece that could be brought out each year, which would help its CPW. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.