Sunday, October 2, 2011

Madewell Visit

I thought I should post a few photos from a recent Madewell visit. First of all, I noticed the blouses and dresses in the store are of a superior quality to that of JC's. The silk is thick and flows nicely, and the stitching is impeccable.

The first dress I tried on is the Bunny Dress from the Alexa Chung For Madewell collection. This dress fits quite large. I am wearing an XS. Also, for reference, I am 5'6". It is currently sold out at the moment on the website.

 Bunny Dress (similar here or here)

Another Alexa Chung collection item is the Betty Tea Dress in size 2. It didn't look like much on the rack, but I liked the small polka dots, so I knew I wanted to try it on. It was a surprise for me, as I liked this dress quite a bit. Again, it's too short.


Also from the Alexa Chung collection I tried the Penny Dress size S. Like the Bunny Dress, it is another button-all-the-way-down dress, it fits large and is short on me. I also noticed that on the Alexa Chung collection items there is a purchase limit of 2 per customer, as to avert the eBay speculators, I am guessing.

Penny Dress (similar here)

And lastly, here is the Novelist Shirtdress in warm shale and size S. This one is made of rayon and needs a good steaming, but it's also well made and I wish it were 3 inches longer.


Have you checked the Madewell offerings this fall? What did you think? I have my eye on a blouse I haven't even seen on the website yet.

Have a great evening, everyone!


13 comments:

  1. you need that tea dress. you can wear a slip w/a pretty hem under to give it another couple inches. i did a wwfify for the hamish scarf in the juniper berry (navy plaid). so glad i did. haven't recvd it yet, but saw & tried it in-person after the order. Tippy has irl pics in this post. hope i still like it when i receive it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. gigi: I do, huh? :) It is a pretty, very well made dress, that's for sure. The scarf you linked is really pretty. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tea dress is really cute on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the Betty Tea dress! The shape, the pleats, the polka dots - Yes, yes, and yes. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ML, kristin: it is a VERY nice dress. kristin, you would also love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore the bunny dress. great post, love. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I've got a brand new post on my recent stop to Rachel Zoe's favorite Beverly Hills spot. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful dresses! You look stunning! I'm following you darling! Hope you can also visit and follow my blog! :* Mary
    FOLLOW Venus at Her mirror
    FOLLOW Venus on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tea dress looks great on you! Is there any fabric in the hem that can be let out to give you a bit of extra length?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that tea dress!! Gigi, great idea about the slip for a bit of extra faux length. Our Madewell should be opening soon, so I'm looking forward to trying some of their items out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Bunny dress! Everything that comes in black and white actually :-)
    The tea dress is lovely on you. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reviews, thanks! Everything looks lovely on you. And, I agree with you about the superb quality. I purchased the Alexa Chung polka dot silk blouse and the quality is great! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Tea dress is darling!! I wonder if a slip that has lace would work to make it long enough because it's just too cute to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FashBoulevard, MariagraziaC, Louise, shopwithm, Andrea, rynetta PhD, triciathomas: thank you, ladies, for your comments! I can't believe Madewell is so loved! I will make sure I include a visit there as well when I go to JC!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.