Wednesday, October 5, 2011

J. Crew -- Early October (II)

Here are the rest of the photos from my most recent trip. First is the Long-Stripe Boater Tee  in size XXS. This tee is 2 sizes smaller than I normally take in JC tops, so consider sizing down at least one size when purchasing this. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Vintage Tweed size 2, navy colour. This skirt is sold out in almost all sizes on the website in the navy colour, and the pink is back-ordered to January 2012! It was one of the 2 in this size left in the store. Lucky me! ;) I figured the navy would be more versatile for me that the pink would, even though I am a sucker for pink.


Next is the Metallic Foil Jacquard Top size 2. This reminds me of a similar top from last year, but the fabric is less stiff and more of a gold colour. The boots are the Booker Boots size 8 (my normal JC shoe size) which I blogged about here before.


And in the same fabric I found the Metallic Foil Jacquard Dress size 4. It's a pretty dress, but not flattering on me at all.

 Metallic Foil Jacquard Dress (more gold dresses here or here)

 And lastly, the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Blackwatch Plaid, size 2. This is a slightly tighter fit than the other No. 2 pencil skirts I own or have tried on. Please note it has a front zipper and side pockets. The top is the Lace-Over Tank, size XXS again. Previously I got an XS, but even that turned out to be a bit too large, so I sized down once more. It is currently on sale for $39.99 on the website and for $19.99 and in stores.

 
 Lace-Over Tank (similar here)

I will review some JC Factory items in a future post. 

12 comments:

  1. That tweed pencil skirt is calling my name! Such a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW if you have an Anthro card you should get a b-day discount but if you don't then email CS and they will send you one in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that black watch plaid skirt...I had not seen that at JCrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. triciathomas: hurry up to the store -- limited sizes only remain! Thanks for the Anthro tip.

    annie: thanks for visiting. It is a new item, and not sure all stores carry it. It's a nice skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of the vintage tweed skirt but oh man I hate acrylic. I tried one of the tweeds from J.Crew last year with a large acrylic content and I could not stand it even with tights, it just made me sweat and I'm not a sweaty person. I'm not crazy about that plaid skirt either, something about the fit is not nearly as flattering as other skirts you have modeled. Thanks for sharing the photos though, always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. xoxo: I can take some acrylic if it is in a skirt and the skirt is lined. It's what kept me from getting the jacket, which I would have preferred. The plaid skirt is not de-wrinkled, so it doesn't sit properly. I also try to avoid skirts with front zippers. They seem too casual to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! I love that last skirt. The plaid is so 'winter' to me for some reason. Maybe its the pine color that does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn: thanks for visiting. Must be the darker colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to wear stripes all year round. For me they have become a signature. I love this JC stripe tee.

    www.aussie-blue.com
    tweet @_MeganJoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan Joy: thanks for visiting. I have worn stripes as far as I can remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the plaid is my favorite on you !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, gigi! I went home with the tweed, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.