Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Banana Republic - Mid October

I took some of these photos at least a week ago while perusing the mall on my lunch break. A new sweater called Color-Block Sweater Jacket. It's made of silk/acrylic/wool and looks quite flattering. This is a size M, one size up from my usual sweater size. The skirt seems to be an in-store only item (item #884375). It's a gold metallic jacquard, size 2. It fights quite tightly, as you can see. There was no size 4 to try on. The fabric is similar to the Metallic Foil Jacqard Dress from J. Crew. The top in that same fabric is currently on sale. I blogged about these two items here before.
  
Color-Block Sweater Jacket (more color block cardis here or here)
Gold Jacquard Skirt (similar here and here)

Next was the Knit Lady Jacket size 4. Made of a mixture of wool/cotton 57/43, this jacket is really soft and reminds me of the Thandie blazer from JC I got last year. It has a hook & eye closure.


The top is also new and it's called Heritage Long Sleeve Lace Top. It's also very pretty, like a lot of the lace tops BR has made this year, but it's all synthetic fibres (poly/nylon/spandex). This a size S.  


One dress that I noticed was the Cowlneck Animal Print Dress, size 2. It's all viscose, and drapes nicely on.

Cowlneck Animal Print Dress (a cashmere dress here or on in brown print here)

Lastly, my favourite item of the bunch, Faux Fur Belted Vest, size S. The moment I saw it I envisioned wearing it with a light-coloured turtleneck sweater, and sure enough, BR had one. The vest looks and feels luxurious, and I would probably wear it with a nice belt instead of the flimsy sash it comes with. And of course I had to take my current favourite skirt from BR for a try-out, the Dayna Sequin Skirt, size 2. I blogged about this skirt here before.

Essential Turtleneck Sweater (similar here or here)
Dayna Sequin Skirt

That's about it for now. Thanks for reading, and I'll get on with finishing that Crewlet post I promised.

Hope you are staying healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted.