Saturday, September 17, 2011

Classic Black & White

When Jennifer from eShakti contacted me and asked if I would review an item from their collection, I took a quick peek at their website. It didn't take me long to find a couple of things that I would have loved to have from the skirt collection. I chose the Graphic Print Silk Dupion Skirt. I had the choice of ordering a regular size (from the 0-26W size range), or a custom size. I gave eShakti my measurements and within 3 days, the skirt was already being shipped to me.

This is how it looked out of the package:

The silk was gorgeous, and the print was even more beautiful than the website photo shows. The website description mentions the colours cream/black/brown, but I also see small pale blue and pink accents throughout.

The skirt is 100% silk, is fully lined and has a side zipper. Here are a close-ups of the label and of the pattern.


Click on the photo to see the colour detail better.


And here I am wearing it. I tried it first with a white top

J. Crew Factory Annalise Ruffle Cami (similar here or here)
Prada Satin & Suede T-Strap Sandals (similar here or here)

and here I am wearing it with a plain black tee. I am also planning on wearing with my deep blue shirt as well. Almost any solid colour top would look great with this skirt, I think.


Ann Taylor Chiffon Tiered Tee (similar here or here)
Prada Satin & Suede T-Strap Sandals (more similar styles here or here)

My experience in dealing with eShakti has been positive and am looking forward to seeing new items in the collection. The prices are reasonable and the customization service is what distinguishes them from other clothing companies.

What do you think? Will you eShakti at some point too?

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the excellent review Rose! The skirt looks absolutely beautiful on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful, I'm going to go have a nosy, I'm not big on prints but I think when it's a skirt and then you can wear a block colour on top, it's really stunning. I would definitely wear that on a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great, I've never heard of them, but I checked out the site and I'm impressed. It's kind of a fantasy of mine to be able to customize a piece of clothing. What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is so pretty, and so special! You know you're not going to walk down the street and see other people wearing it. It's very lovely on you, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FFM, T., Sue, CC: thank you all for your lovely comments! The skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.