Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Banana Republic - September

Talk on the JCA blog about the Natasha Top In Polka Dot (check my September 15 post for the review) reminded me of a BR top I had tried in BR earlier. I can't see it on the website yet, even though it's been in the stores for at least a couple of weeks. This is a size S, made of rayon/lyocell. 'Lyocell' is a type of rayon. I have been reading more on the 'rayon' subject lately. Here's a good reference. 
The skirt is the Stretch Pencil Skirt in black, size 2. The belt is the Leather Contour Belt size S, and it is too large if I want to wear it on my waist. The top looks good worn both over the skirt or tucked in, in my opinion.

Polka Dot Top (similar here, here or with long sleeves here

Here is the newest jacket in BR, the Textured Military Jacket size 4. It is soft and cozy, and not itchy at all.It has a partial lining, which I don't care for, but I guess it's still better than none. The buttons, just like with all the other BR jackets, are a good quality.


Detail of the partial lining and of the buttons:


Next I tried on the Metallic Stripe Pullover size XS and construction grey colour. This sweater is more wide than long, even in the smallest size. I noticed 2 snags on it even before I put it on. 

Metallic Stripe Pullover (similar here, here or here)

Lastly, here's the Black Lighweight Wool Pleat Dress, size 4. It's 95% wool and 5% spandex, and is currently on sale. This dress reminds me a bit of the Origami Sheath Dress I tried at JC (reviewed here).


The one thing I really liked in the store is a Leather Satchel in red, which I don't see on the website yet. It was the same construction as the one I am showing below, but made of matte red leather, and looked quite durable.


Have you seen anything interesting in BR lately?


10 comments:

  1. The top looks like it could be a good layer under a wool suit jacket, it could protect my neck from the wool collar.

    I like the look of the stretch pencil skirt, how did you find it for comfort and fit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice and the cowl neck falls just right, but it's a bit sheer, though. As long as that doesn't bother you, should be ok.

    I have last year's version and this one fitted similarly. I actually tried both the dark grey and the black in size 2 and they fit TTS. There is also another one light grey I didn't bother trying, since I already have a skirt in that shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice skirt!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I can't do sheer tops. It wouldn't work for the office and as a busty gal I'm averse to anything that calls attention to my bust. I might try the skirt though, I love a stretch skirt.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Since you love shopping, I thought you might be interested in this amazing this contest: The Le Thrift Dress Smart Contest! All you have to do is post a photo of yourself in a thrifty look and tell us how much you paid for it on our Facebook page (Facebook.com/lethrift)! You could win a $50 gift card and be entered to win a grand prize of $200! Hope you enter, looking forward to see what thrifty look you put together!
    http://www.lethrift.com/lookofthemonth.html

    Have a fabulous day!
    Lauren
    mildmediumhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Rose! I just wanted to say that I ordered the Shutterbug dress thanks to your rave review. I was going to see if I could find it in-store on my U.S. trip next week and was actually planning to buy it full price but now that it is on sale I thought it may disappear quickly, there were only a few size Mediums left online so I ordered it.

    Your blog is so helpful, I really appreciate all the IRL photos and reviews. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, t!

    xoxo: it should be ok under a blazer. I wouldn't go about the office without it in this top. I hope you like the dress. It's a nice, thick cotton. I looked for it in the store 2 weeks ago and they were gone -- only large sizes left.

    Thanks, Lauren! I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, the red one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog!follow us and we will follow you!
    http://s4sisterstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.