Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mad Men At BR (I)

It seems I must be one of the last ones to check out the Mad Men Collection at BR, because most of the sizes were gone, even though this collection only hit the stores sometime last week, the SA said.

The leopard print trench coat caught my eye, and I had to give it a try. Size S is just right in the shoulders, but the waist is really high and the length is very short. I don't think it is supposed to be 3/4 length, as the website description says "hits above the knee." It hits well above my knees (I am 5'6", for reference).


Underneath I am wearing the Full Circle skirt in black and size 2, Lace shell size S, and the Animal Print Cardigan size S. The skirt fit perfectly. The lace shell is meant to be worn over the skirt, but it didn't look good with this particular skirt because of the tiered hem. It also felt quite large on the bottom part. The cardigan was TTS to small, and it felt a bit itchy on my arms.  
Lace Shell  (similar here, here or here)

Lastly, the Lace dress size 4. This dress is beautiful and it fit perfectly.


I have a few more items from the same collection to review, but in a future post.

Have you seen the Mad Men Collection at BR? What did you think?

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!


11 comments:

  1. I like the soft tones of their animal print but yes that waistline is almost Empire line on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see some reviews of this collection. I checked it online and thought that none of the shapes or styles were for me but I was curious how it would sell. Sounds like it's a huge success for Banana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't seen it---I'm running over there today! The lace dress looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the animal print cardi. Too bad its itchy! It would have been a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I like the full circle skirt and lace dress on you, I am mixed on the Mad Men collection. Granted I've only browsed the site and not seen these pieces IRL, it seems like a bit of a letdown for me. Considering how fantastic the women's fashion is on the show, I was expecting something a little more glam, a little more colorful in this collection. If this was just a regular fall release, I'd be like "cool deal," but I guess I was expecting a bit more with it's Mad Men association.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tabitha: the colours are neutral... I thought you might like them. :D

    xoxo: I couldn't believe the stores were sold out of so many sizes already.

    Sue: have fun, but shop online -- check out the special offer in the Coupons & Codes section for today.

    Jenn: I could get away with a long sleeve underneath, probably .

    Lisa: The shapes are good, now if they could do more about the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The full circle skirt is really cute on you. I agree about the colors. BR is often so boring in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all!Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked around online but thought the prices were a bit steep. I am really thinking they might be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these pics. Did you come away with anything? I haven't had a chance to visit BR so have only seen the collection online. The only piece that is catching my attention is the leopard trench, but I'm not sure I can handle an entire coat in leopard (even if it's a pale, muted print).

    ReplyDelete
  11. gigiofca: thank you! This collection is not very colourful, but the rest of the store was unusually bright.

    sunshine: thanks for visiting!

    triciathomas: I almost always have a code in the Coupons & Codes section, so no need to pay full price for anything. I can't remember when was the last time I did. :)

    Louise: I didn't get one thing. I agree, a whole coat in that print gets tiring after a while.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.