Saturday, August 20, 2011

J. Crew Red

Just a few quick snapshots of my most recent trip to the JC store. First off is the No. 2 Pencil Double-Serge Wool skirt in vibrant flame and size 2 paired here with the Selvedge Chambray shirt size S. Can I just say that I LOVE this skirt? The Bellevue Square store also had several sizes of the viridian green version, for anyone interested. The shoes are the Martina Patent Wedges in bronzed clay. These shoes fit my feet ok lengthwise, but I found them a little bit tight in the toebox due to my big feet. The colour has pink undertones.

Martina Patent Wedges (similar colour shoes here or here)

Next is the new Blythe Shirtdress in poppy, size 0. I chose size 0 because the dress looked on the large side on the hanger. Turns out I was close -- there is some tugging in the chest area, but not a whole lot. So if you have broader shoulders like mine, choose your regular size. If you are smaller on top, size down, in my opinion.


Lastly, the Cocoon Cardigan in size XS and vibrant flame colour. I apologize for the blurry photo. This is a smaller size than I would normally take in sweaters, and no, that's not some weird dance I am doing in the fitting room. I only wanted to show the shape of this cardi. It also seems this colour is an in-store item right now, as I don't see it on the website.


Cocoon Cardigan (similar here, here or here)

See also the Tippi sweater in vibrant flame I blogged about here.

Is this too much red for you? How about a small Edie purse then?

Edie Purse  (similar here or here)

I have more photos from J. Crew and hope to get around them this weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Perfect post for those of us seeing red over the higher prices, hehe. I love a red handbag and I have both the Peyton and Frankie in BG leather so I won't go for the Edie but otherwise would have bought the small version for sure.

    Love the new dance moves. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress. I tried on both the navy and poppy. I couldn't decide between the two. My favorite part of the dress is the skirt. I tried the Wool skirt on too in Vibrant Flame. I have another skirt in a similar color (more orange) and in cotton so I passed. Seeing it on you makes me want to go back and snatch it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...I have that beautiful flame skirt on order and I am loving the Blythe shirtdress!! But how much orange can one girl fill her closet with? sigh...

    It looks great with the chambray too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the flame pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in the Flame pencil skirt! It's a very JC outfit, head to toe :) I really must schedule a visit to the B&Ms down south to try things on for size. I'm committed to shipping future purchases to Point Roberts until JC changes their ridic pricing strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress and shoes!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything shown here is so pretty. I can't decide if I want the skirt in the red or viridian green color. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. xoxo: so should I change the name of the post to "Seeing Red At J. Crew? :)

    audreybella: it is definitely a beautiful skirt for the winter, but I doubt I could wear this to the office.

    thatdamngreendress: the dress is closer to red than to orange, so you may need that hue in your wardrobe... ;)

    My4Boys: agreed... it's gorgeous.

    CC: thank you! I understand what you are saying. Until I decide if I should get a PO Box in Blaine, I will probably just do B&M shopping only. I go to the US often enough for work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunshine: thank you!

    Apples and Pencil Skirts: both red and green are beautiful. Whatever you decide, I am sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bag - is this at Bellevue Square, too? I was at Pacific Place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy: The pic of the bag I took at UVillage, but the rest of the stuff is from Bellevue Square. Call them before you go.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.