Friday, July 29, 2011

J. Crew - Late July (I)

I made my way to a B&M store and managed to snap a few pics of some of the new and not so new items. First off is the beautiful Lace blouson dress in black and size 2.  I snatched the old lace colour with a deep discount and was a bit nervous about the fit as it is final sale. The fit is perfect and since then I have also ordered the black version which is now back-ordered to September. See the old lace version on ABC here. The pumps are the Mona pumps in size 8 1/2 and dusty clay. Normally I am size 8 in shoes, but those were too narrow for me. I then sized up, but these were too long.

Lace Blouson Dress  (black lace dresses here or here)
Mona Pumps (similar colour here or here

Next is the Ticking-stripe derby dress also size 2. It's cute, but definitely not my style. The waist sits quite high in comparison to the Lace blouson dress.


And this is the No. 2 pencil skirt in leopard also in size 2. This skirt is a bit longer than previous years' skirts (25") and the colours a bit muted. The tank is the Perfect-fit flower tank in size S.

No. 2 pencil skirt in leopard (similar here, here, here or here)

And here is with the Tippi sweater in marled caramel and size S. This sweater comes in 12 delicious colours in total, although only a couple were featured in the store. I was aiming for a vibrant flame but it was only available in larger sizes.


I have a few more photos for my next post. 
Hope everyone is enjoying their (long) weekend!


16 comments:

  1. I'm not really into leopard print but I've seen that skirt on a few JCA's now and I think it's really lovely. How bright is the vibrant flame? Will it hurt my eyes? It's in my basket for whenever the alleged shipping to UK starts in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi T.! I am not into animal prints in general, but this one looks really nice.

    The vibrant flame is well... vibrant!:D I tried on the minnies in that colour and promptly took them off as they scared me a bit, but a sweater would have been great. I think it would look fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose! Thanks for the link love. :) Glad you got both colors in the lace dress - it's lovely on you. I wasn't planning to get the leopard skirt either but it looks really nice on you.

    Tabs, the colorblock perfect tee in the vibrant flame combination seems like a good option for those of us who don't want too much of the bright color in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pics and reviews Rose! Everything looks fantastic on you! The Leopard skirt is on its way to me right now, because I really need to see it in person since the reviews are so mixed. Also, is the Lace Blouson dress TTS? TIA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lace blouson dress is gorgeous on you. The Tippi sweater is unremarkable in the camel, I would love to see the bright flame on you.

    Seems the leopard skirt is getting some mixed reviews but I think it looks fairly nice. I already have a leopard pencil skirt from L.A.M.B. or I might give this one a go. The L.A.M.B. version hits below the knee and has a half-moon seam just under the bum so it fits quite closely, even on me without much of a backside. I wore it to work one day and got way too much attention so that was the end of that skirt at work. :^P

    Thanks for sharing all the IRL views and reviews and thanks again for the free shipping code, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ABC! You are very welcome! I agree, one sweater in that colour would be excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, FFM! I think you will like it. I am not much into animal prints myself, so I doubt I will be getting this one. I have the factory one from last year. Usually I fit into size 4 dresses for the top part. This one was right on at size 2, and I actually fitted into a 0 as well, but it was a tighter fit. It depends how big your torso is, really. I think the blouson dress is a timeless piece I can see in my closet for a few years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. xoxo: thank you! Yes, camel is a good, safe office colour only. I can see how that skirt must have been distracting for co-workers. ;) Perhaps you will post an OOTD for us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I see what some bloggers said about the black being see thru on the blouson dress. I think if you hvae lighter skin it shows thru more. I like the leopard skirt on you. I'm also curious to see exactly how 'faded' it is in-person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi gigi! I'm not sure you can really see through in my pic - the lining is pink, and I think it was just folding in a way that gave the impression of see-through. I have no intention of wearing a slip under a dress with a lining, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like I can see the shape of your upper leg. Good to know it's not see thru.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ABC and Rose ; thanks I'll check out that T as a way of infusing some colour without going over board - don't want to scare my fellow Scots with colour in the winter, they'd lock me up and accuse me of witchcraft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gigi: I haven't tested it out in the light yet, though. Still, I won't be bothered even if it is. I'm not that prudish. :)

    Tabitha: you show them, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting these photos and reviews. The lace blouson dress looks great on you! Also, good to know that the Mona pumps run a little narrow. Was the Tippi sweater scratchy at all? I am really sensitive to wool, so I'm a little leery of that one. The leopard skirt is getting very mixed reviews, but I think it looks very good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Louise! I found the pumps a bit tight in the toe box, but didn't find the Tippi sweater scratchy. On the contrary, I found the wool quite soft to the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos and reviews. You are inspiring me to mix it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.