Monday, July 11, 2011

Anthro Visit - July

I was visiting the part of town where the new Anthro store is located, so of course I had to check out again the Horkelia dress. I blogged about this dress here before.

First off is the beautiful Foundational pencil skirt in size 4 and pink colour. It's longer than all the pencil skirts I have tried recently. The website says it is 24 inches long. The fabric is textured and quite substantial.The top is the Elapid tracks tank size XS and ivory. The waves are sequins in rows of three. There is a tie at the back, but I haven't been able to take a photo of it while wearing the tank.

*Edited to add 2 more photos of sizes 2 (second photo) and 0 (third photo). There was no pink size 2 or 0 available. I squeezed tightly into a 0, but was comfortable into size 2. The 4 was looser, definitely. So I would say this skirt fits TTS:

 
Foundational Pencil Skirt (similar colour and length in wool here or in jersey here)

Second item I tried is the Acropora pencil skirt. It is an asymmetrical pattern, with a side embellishment accented by some large black buttons, as you can see in the second photo.

 

One other skirt that really caught my eye was Majestic medallions skirt. The fabric is a beige linen colour, much darker than it appears on the website. The very colourful embroidery draws inspiration from Latin American art, I am guessing. It is designed by Corey Lynn Calter. Check out her website here. I loved some of the outfits in the Holiday 2011 look book. The skirt is a size 2 but gives me hips I do not have, unfortunately.


I just HAD TO try on the Billberry dress size S. While I am not crazy about crochet, something about this dress was appealing to me. The dress itself is very heavy -- I am guessing 3 lbs. or so. It has a detachable slip, which makes dressing much easier.


New was also the Drafting shift dress, here in size 6. I chose a larger size because the top looked a bit too narrow to me. While the top fitted all right, the bottom had more fabric than I could fill, as you can see from the second pic:

Lastly, my favourite of all is the Pixel impressionist shift. Loved the colours, which look much better than I could capture with my phone camera. Size 4 and 2 (bottom picture):


See more Anthro items on audreybella's blog here.

Have you visited your local Anthro lately? What do you think?



17 comments:

  1. The Foundational pencil skirt looks beautiful on you. It is one of the few items I may just bite on at full price. That pink color is just delicious! How was the fit? Would you say tts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AppGal: that was a size 4, so that's one size up for me. Same as with the Acropora.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how I have a local Anthro store now!
    I loved the medallions skirt too, I spotted it online.
    Funny I don't like crochet either but I really like the navy dress. Off to check out the pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the Foundational pencil skirt the other day and I thought it was beautiful. Unfortunately for me, the fit is better if you have more waist definition, imo. I had to size down from 4 to 2 and which made it form fitted but also too constricting. In size 4, which is my usually well fitting regular size in J Crew pencils, the fabric was sticking out in hips. I have 29" waist and 36" hips for a reference. I am still tempted to buy a 2 hoping it would stretch with wear, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tabitha: let's hope JC is next.

    ajc: I should go back and try a 2 and retake pics. The 2 looked small-ish to me on the rack, so I automatically grabbed a 4. I have a 27" waist and 35" hips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now why did I come here? I have yet another anthro dress on my wishlist, I LOVE the drafting shift dress, so very cool and mid century mod. Yum. :) I will find a way to make that fit right. LOL.

    You picked well, and even at three pounds, the crocheted dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AppGal: I went back to the store after work and added 2 more pics. HTH I would stick with the regular skirt size on the Foundational skirt. The Acropora fits tighter, definitely, and I would size up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dinagideon: thanks for dropping in! I hope you get the dress! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink colour of the Foundational skirt looks amazing. I have had my eye on the Drafting Shift dress since spotting it on the website a few weeks ago - it looks great on you! Thanks for posting these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ajc: I edited the post with 2 additional photos... not sure what to tell you. It doesn't seem like this fabric will stretch with wear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louise: thanks for visiting. Let's hope it goes on sale soon then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rose thanks, this makes sense. The 2 must be perfect on you, alas it is too small on me, probably just like 0 on you. Maybe I can just stop breathing, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ajc: glad I could help. Perhaps you can have it taken in on the sides?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute items, I really like the Acropora pencil skirt! Thanks for the comment on my blog:)
    -Adriana
    http://thelittlepetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adriana: thank you, and thanks for visiting! The Acropora skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, love the pixel dress on you! And thanks for the detailed reviews and pics on the foundational skirt. I'm leaning heavily towards the moss colour, but will wait and see what the Crew has to offer for pencil skirts first!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thatdamngreendress: thank you! I love it too! One can never have too many pencil skirts, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.