Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anthro Visit - July (II)

Today I went back yet again to Anthro to return a dress I got last week, and which I could not make work for me after all. Below are some photos I took yesterday as well as some new ones of a couple of skirts.

First off, I saw the Splash palette dress on a table and it looked so beautiful, I had to try it on, even though I am not a big fan of strapless dresses or dresses with very thin straps. I just don't feel comfortable in them, for some reason. When I got to the dressing room, I noticed a little pouch that contained the straps, so I attached those to the dress before trying it on. This is a size 2. I knew it would fit because of the elastic panel at the back. It hits right at the knee (I am 5'6"). The print of this dress is gorgeous!


The next one is the Damselfly dress in size XS. This is a size smaller than I usually take, and the print is a bit brighter than I could capture here:


The Aine pencil skirt was already reviewed by audreybella here. I squeezed into a size 2, but it's tight. The size 4 below fitted much better (I could even tuck my tee in). The lace is lovely on this skirt.



Another pretty one is the Tomato picking skirt (size 2). Not sure who came up with this name, but it's hilarious. It's made of linen, and it has lateral as well as back pockets.

 

Lastly, here's the Square study skirt in size 2. This fitted beautifully higher on the waist. However, I didn't care for the fabric alignment on the sides. It also had some threads coming through the seam on the right side. It will be more suitable for the fall, as it is a blend of acrylic, wool, and other fibres.

 
 

This is it for now.

Hope everyone is having a good rest of the week!

7 comments:

  1. Those threads are hilarious! They look like ant's dangly bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T: you would think quality control would catch those before the skirt made it out the door, wouldn't you? They are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Rose,
    How would you compare the fit of Tomato Picking skirt with the fit of Foundational Pencil skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tomato picking skirt, really cute but the name is pretty funny. The Aine pencil skirt looks divine, I'd be all over it if the under layer were pink or purple.

    I'm with you on the aversion to strapless or skinny-strap dresses. Wardrobe malfunction just waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reviews! You just reviewed the three skirts I was most interested in. Did you end up picking anything up?

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  6. ajc: thanks for visiting. Tomato is just a touch looser and has a bit more room in the hip area.

    xoxo: me too, although I wouldn't mind the green in this one. It's not very visible.

    Jenn: thanks for stopping by and glad I could help. I didn't get anything, but I have hopes for the Aine to get to sale. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am liking the Tomato Picking Skirt. I will have to try and find that on my next visit. I like the Splash Palette Dress on you. I see you adding a cardi over it. I wonder if the Square Study skirt seaming is the same on all the skirts? Quite odd.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.