Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three Talbots Dresses

I found my way to the part of the town where one of the Talbots stores is located in our city as I wanted to check out their sale. Most of the smaller sizes were gone already, but I found a few dresses to try on. First off is the Amelie sweep dress in size 4 and colour geranium. I loved it. The fit was right, and loved the lining on it. It reminds me a bit of the Cecilia dress from JC. I should have tried a 4P for a shorter skirt, but I didn't see one. The dress is currently on sale. 

Next is the beautiful Fringe tiered V-neck dress in white and size 4P. The colour didn't seem bright white to me in the store. The fabric is a light linen, and the dress is also lined.


Lastly, I gave this denim dress a try as well (size 4P). At first, I was thrown off by the cap sleeves, but once I put it on, I didn't think they looked too badly. This dress doesn't show up on the website, but there were quite a few in the store.

 Talbots Denim Dress (shorter version here and a nice shift dress here)
 
Currently Talbots has a 40% off sale items. Have you, or will you be checking it out?

Hope everyone is having a safe long weekend!

13 comments:

  1. The tiered dress is esp cute. The denim dress was in the catalog and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that geranium color dress, looks so comfy! The tiered dress looks great on you too. I'm trying really hard to not shop while I'm away =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the geranium dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gigiofca & dinster: I love the tiered dress as well. There is also a black version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look adorable on you! I have the palais floral dress winging its way to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of them, but esp the first and last. I went straight to the website but they're sold out of the geranium color in the Amelie dress. The denim dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy: it's adorable, but you need to see it in the store to get the full effect!

    shopwithm: love the palais floral print too!

    Sue: sadly, I saw that too. The light yellow colour was still available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait a minute...that's a red, white and blue dress post! Clever girl... thanks for the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Canada Day! That red dress is perfect for the occasion.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. CC: I was going to name the post "red, white and denim." ;) Thanks!

    ABC: Happy Canada Day to you too! That red is debatable if it qualifies, but let's say it's close enough. But I promise, no white shoes on me. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the red dress and your blog
    please follow my blog at http://littlemissvintagefashion.blogspot.com/ cause i have followed you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all, especially the denim!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.