Sunday, June 5, 2011

Four Anthro Dresses

I happened to be in the vicinity of the Anthro store while waiting for my dental appointment, and how better to spend my time than by discovering more of the Anthro world? I had seen the Horkelia shift dress on the website, and wanted to give this colour a try:


This dress is more gorgeous in real life than it looks on the website. It's a tad short for me (for reference, I am 5'6"). This a size 4 and is quite comfortable fitting.  Some ladies may not like the exposed side zipper, though:

Horkelia Shift Dress (similar here)

See it on Audrey here.

Next is the Gathered hemlock dress that I have read about on several blogs. I am wearing a size XS, which fits perfectly. The skirt part has pockets, as well as a lining at the back.
 
 

See it on shopwithm here and AppGal here.

The next dress is the  Night-and-Day dress. It looked quite striking on the hanger, so naturally I had to try on.This is size 4 and fits quite tightly on my torso.

 
Night-and-Day Dress

And lastly, the Dutch yellow shift dress in size 2. I loved the feeling of the fabric (cotton mixed with silk) and the beautiful bow at the back.

Dutch Yellow Shift Dress

My favourite is, as you can probably tell, the Horkelia shift dress. Do you have a favourite Anthro dress in the current offerings?

Please enter my giveaway for a $25 J. Crew certificate here if you have not already done so. 







17 comments:

  1. ooohh...I love the rich colour of the Horkelia dress (terrible name), but I'm happy to see the Dutch shift finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the name sounds horrible, and I had to search to find out what it meant. And since I loved the look of it against my pale skin, I will learn to love it. :)

    You would love the Dutch shift dress IRL, I am sure.

    Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if they could just put an Anthropology IN the dentist's office, they'd really have something! Especially love the lace dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy! The first 2 dresses are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue! I agree... and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, the Dutch yellow sift dress is really pretty and makes me think of drinking mint juleps on a hot day. I shake my head every time I see an exposed zipper and I think it is even worse on the side for some reason. Oh well not for me, otherwise it is very pretty and the colors on the gathered hemlock dress are really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi xoxo! I think the exposed zipper somehow cheapens the look, but if you love the dress A LOT, I think it could be easily replaced with a hidden one. Yes, the Gathered Hemlock colours are beautiful. They remind me of a fabric I loved that I used for a top waaaaaay back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hemlock is beautiful. My favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the horkelia dress it's so pretty but I am worried it would be too short on me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gigiofca: yes, it's beautiful, isn't it?

    triciathomas: if you are not taller than me, you may be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rose! Excellent reviews as always. Don't know if you subscribe to Anthro's emails, but they're having a tag sale today, with an additional 25% off sale items. I'm heading there after work, just to look, cos I don't NEED anything, but who knows what will tempt me to pull out the plastic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all so pretty! The first is amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CC: Thank you! Yes, I recently subscribed to receive e-mails, but I am travelling for work this week and getting to an Anthro store will be tricky. Maybe on the way back I will stop at the U Village one.

    Sarah: thanks very much, and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this. another amazing post love. be sure to swing by for all the latest celebrity fashion news as well as see pics of my latest celebrity trend report. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great buys from Anthro! I always find it's hit or miss there. Sometimes I LOVE everything, other times there is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree the Horkelia looks FANTASTIC on you--color is awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.